Pending Checkins panel not refreshing in GUI Client

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

andrewstanton

Pending Checkins panel not refreshing in GUI Client

Post by andrewstanton » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:48 am

Hi,

This affects the SoS GUI client 5.0.2 (I don't think it was a problem in 5.0.1):

I have the Pending Checkins panel open, I click "Checkin" to check in all (ticked) items in the Pending Checkins panel, the items are checked in OK, but the Pending Checkins panel does not refresh by itself and still shows the items as checked out (however the items as shown in the main project panel are automatically refreshed to show they are checked in). I have to click "Refresh Pending List" to manually refresh the Pending Checkins panel.

I'm fairly sure the Pending Checkins panel was automatically refreshed in SoS 5.0.1, but either way this seems like a bug in 5.0.2.

Thanks,
Andy.

jclausius

Re: Pending Checkins panel not refreshing in GUI Client

Post by jclausius » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:41 am

Andy,

Are you viewing the "Tree View" or the "List View" of the pending changes? Do both lists have the same check out information after your check in? Are the files in question possibly shared? For example, the file is checked out in one location, and checked in from a different VSS project path?

No code should have been changed in SOS 5.0.2 that would have affected this behavior.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:48 am

I was able to reproduce this -- it seems to happen when you have things checked out in different folders, then do a recursive checkin from a higher level, like $/ (root). Is that what you're seeing?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

andrewstanton

Post by andrewstanton » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:24 am

Hi Linda,

Partly - It occurs (in my specific example) when I have files checked out in more than one folder:

$/Database/Schema/1_00/schema_1_00.sql
$/Database/Schema/1_01/schema_1_01.sql

Both these files are checked out and appear in the Pending Checkins panel. Note - these are the ONLY files checked out from the repository. I don't do a recursive checkin as you suggest (e.g. from $/), but I click "Check in" from the Pending Checkins panel which goes ahead and checks in all pending checkins (i.e. both of my checked out files). Perhaps the "Check in" button in question does a recursive checkin behind the scenes?... Anyway, both files are then checked in but they both appear as still checked out in the Pending Checkins panel, i.e. the panel is not refreshed. If I do a manual refresh by clicking "Refresh Pending" then the panel refreshes correctly and the two files disappear from the panel.

Thanks,
Andy.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:04 am

OK, I'll see if I can reproduce this.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:26 pm

Andrew,

I have identified and fixed the problem Linda recreated. Would you be willing to try a "post" 5.0.2 client to see if it addressed the issue for you as well?
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear