Folder Diff not working

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

markfanara

Folder Diff not working

Post by markfanara » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:38 am

SOS 5.0.2
If I right click on a folder and select show differences, it does not work (both the temporary folders are empty). However, if the folder that I select only has one file in it, it works fine.

(There needs to be a way to easily determine which files in the entire project are old, or are modified, etc. Perhaps the filtering on the Show history could have "Status" added.)

jclausius

Re: Folder Diff not working

Post by jclausius » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:50 am

Does a status search on the folder help? Tools -> Search or Ctrl+S on the folder.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

markfanara

Post by markfanara » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:07 pm

Fixing the folder diff would be nice.

The existing search option you mentioned is very useful. Would be nice if it were faster!
Thanks
Mark

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:12 am

Mark,

I'll look into the folder diff and log a bug for a maintenance release..

In regards to the status search, what kind of times are you looking at. A recursive search on a test repository (~900 folders / ~2500 files) for checked out files completes just under 10 seconds.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:38 am

I did a little digging into SourceOffSite's Folder Diff. It turns out, the SOS client will NOT find/diff any files that have a "blank" status. The design from early on was to preserve bandwidth / disk space and not download files in which a FOLDER diff found the same.

So, if you do execute a folder diff, and all the files are of "blank" status, then no files will be seen in the diff. If any file has any kind of status (old, edited, renegade, etc.), then the file is retrieved from the server and copied from the working folder into the temp locations for a folder diff routine.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

markfanara

Post by markfanara » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:49 am

On the Status Search dialog, we would like a 'Not-Blank' option in the status drop down that would list all files whose status is not blank. Also would like a Ctrl-Click option in the drop down so we could pick a combination like 'Edited' and 'Renegade'

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:37 pm

I'll log the feature requests. Thanks for the feedback.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear