Feature Request - Show me what I'm undoing!

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

saint168

Feature Request - Show me what I'm undoing!

Post by saint168 » Thu May 27, 2010 2:38 pm

This has happened more than once for me. When I undo checkout on the project level, I accidentally undid changes several levels deep inside my project tree. Is it possible to show a list of file changes I'n undoing like the tree dialog I get when I check in changes recursively? Currently, all I get is a small dialog with OK and Cancel buttons.

Also, there are time that I want to undo changes to my project file WITHOUT undoing changes to the rest of the project. Currently I don't have that choice since the Recursive checkbox in the dialog is selected and disabled.

BTW, I am using Visual Studio integration, NOT the Fortress client.

Beth

Re: Feature Request - Show me what I'm undoing!

Post by Beth » Thu May 27, 2010 3:25 pm

Have you considered not having the undo checkout perform a revert? That option is in the Fortress Tools - Options - Local File. The option is called On Undo Check Out. By default, it's set to Revert, but you can change that to Leave.

There currently isn't a way to have it only revert parts of a project and not revert others though if that's more of what you are looking for.

I can still put in a feature request for a list of what is going through the Undo Check Out if you would like.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

AjarnMark

Post by AjarnMark » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:30 am

Saint168, if you just want to undo changes to the Project file, but not other files in the project, have you tried doing this in the Fotress Pending Changes window in Visual Studio, rather than in the Solution Explorer? I have done this several times successfully, myself. Just right-click on the Project file in the Pending Changes window and click Undo Check Out... in the popup menu.

saint168

Post by saint168 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:35 pm

AjarnMark wrote:Saint168, if you just want to undo changes to the Project file, but not other files in the project, have you tried doing this in the Fotress Pending Changes window in Visual Studio, rather than in the Solution Explorer? I have done this several times successfully, myself. Just right-click on the Project file in the Pending Changes window and click Undo Check Out... in the popup menu.

Thank you and your suggestion was helpful. However, I still think being able to see what I'm undoing is an important feature to have in Fortress.

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:24 am

I've put in the feature request to show a list of items being reverted. I'm assuming you only need to see the things being reverted, right?

F: 15478
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support