Mandatory fields

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Xavier

Mandatory fields

Post by Xavier » Tue May 20, 2008 5:05 am

Hello

is it possible to compel a user to define some fields before an item may be submitted ?

For example: category that could help to automatically define the developer/resolver...

Thanks

Xavier

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue May 20, 2008 7:31 am

This functionality is not available in the current version of Fortress, but I will launch a feature request for this.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Marcel

Re: Mandatory fields

Post by Marcel » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:40 am

I assume it's currently not possible to compel a user to define some specific fields before an item gets closed?
We have defined a custom field "Solved in Version" and would like to have this field filled in when the user closes the item.
Please launch a feature request for this (defining some sort of rules) or add my vote when something like this already exists.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:57 am

We currently don't have any customizable mandatory workflow. We do have a feature request logged for this. I've added your votes to feature request 12717.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Marcel

Post by Marcel » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:25 am

I was wondering if you were planning to fix this in the next release of Fortress? I certainly hope so.

John O'Neill

Post by John O'Neill » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:59 pm

Marcel wrote:I was wondering if you were planning to fix this in the next release of Fortress? I certainly hope so.
Hi Marcel,

Thanks for the feedback. We don't generally pre-announce the new features in our next generation releases, I'm afraid. This is a highly competitive field, and we've learned the hard way just how closely our competitors listen to our product ideas.

Rest assured, we'll talk in much more detail about the exciting new features in the next release of Fortress, once we announce a release date. Keep an eye on the Vault blog for the latest up-to-date SourceGear news:

http://vaultblog.sourcegear.com/

John O'Neill
SourceGear
john@sourcegear.com

Marcel

Post by Marcel » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:31 am

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. I understand.

Regards,
Marcel