Email problems.

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

tristan

Email problems.

Post by tristan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:03 am

I have tried everything I can think of when setting up the email settings for Fortress and I keep getting this error:

An error occurred: Exception: Cannot open log for source 'Application'. You may not have write access. Inner Exception: Access is denied

The only thing I can find as to why is in the IIS Manager as seen below:

I checked the permissions and they seem right.

lbauer

Re: Email problems.

Post by lbauer » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:34 am

Not sure how this is related.

When are you getting an error with the email settings? When you try to configure email in the Vault Admin Web Client? If so, what is the error?

Regarding the IIS error -- what account is the Vault App Pool using?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

tristan

Post by tristan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:02 am

I receive the error when attempting a "test settings" under the email. here is a picture of it.

Under the "application pools" I have a pool called VaultAppPool containing: /fortress, /sgdav, /vaultservice, and /vaultshadow.

You can see my setting pictured below:

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:03 pm

I have the same error in IIS Manager, and my email is working properly, so that's not an issue. Also, I'm not sure that the SMTP configuration on the Fortress website is relevant.

One user who had the same error found he had an invalid SMTP server relay entry.

What is the actual name of your company's mail server? Is that mail server information correctly configured on the Vault Admin Web Client Email information?

Are there any errors in the Event Viewer on the Fortress Server machine that are related to the failed email test?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

tristan

Post by tristan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:18 am

I was not able to resolve this using my servers SMTP so I linked it to my companies SMTP server. The test email worked and I received the email.

However, when I set my preferences to "Send email on activity for items in all projects. Send notifications for: All Items" I do not receive any emails when I create a new Item assigned to me. Do you have any ideas?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:51 pm

This should work. What version of Fortress are you using?

If someone else assigns a bug to you, do you get an email?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear