"Same key already added" error when checking in

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

rwmnau

"Same key already added" error when checking in

Post by rwmnau » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:46 pm

When I'm checking a project in after I've re-arranged the Visual Studio solution layout (changed folders, removed and re-added projects to the solution in their new location, etc), I receive the error:
An item with the same key has already been added.
This error seems to be caused by Fortress listing the same file in the changeset multiple times. I'm not sure what prompts it to record two separate instances in the changeset, but I have to "undo" one of them using the client before I'm able to check in my changeset. Just wanted to bring this up - the work-around isn't too complicated and it doesn't happen often, but renaming a file in VS that already has a pending change seems to confuse Fortress.

I'm currently using 2.0.4.18845 for both the server (64-bit) and client.

lbauer

Re: "Same key already added" error when checking in

Post by lbauer » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:46 am

There were issues in previous versions of Vault/Fortress where the same files were listed in the pending change set multiple times -- we fixed those, but there may be other actions which cause this to happen. In fact, just last week we had another report of duplicate checkouts:
http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13861

If you can identify a specific pattern or set of steps that causes this behavior, let us know. We'd like to be able to reproduce it here and get it fixed.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager