Modified date sometimes incorrect.

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Marcel

Modified date sometimes incorrect.

Post by Marcel » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:54 am

Hi,

We use the option "Set file time: modification" in the Fortress Client. This sets the date and time of files retrieved from Fortress to the date and time from when the file was last modified. But it seems this is not working correct all the times. We are using version 1.1.1.

When a file version is retrieved from Fortress, which was retrieved by Fortress earlier, the file seems to be read from cache. This is ok, but its date/time are set to the date/time of the latest version of the file in Fortress!

When selecting the revert-option from Undo-Checkout, the date/time is also incorrect. It is set to the current date/time, not to the modified date/time of the specific version.

Thanks

Beth

Re: Modified date sometimes incorrect.

Post by Beth » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:42 pm

When performing the Get are you using the option to overwrite or attempt automatic merge?

I'm not able to reproduce yet what you are seeing with either the Get or Undo Checkout in the current version. I didn't see any specific changes related to what you are seeing, so I wouldn't expect this behavior to be different. I will try a test with the older version.

Could you show me a screenshot of what you have set in the Fortress Tools - Options - Local Files?

What might also help is if you could upgrade to Fortress 1.1.4. That would be a free upgrade from the version you are at and would have at least all the updates for the Fortress 1.1.x version. Better yet would be to go to Fortress 2.0.4. I checked on your email address it looks like your company might have Fortress 2.0 license keys.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:53 pm

In Vault 4.1.4 (similar to Fortress 1.1.4) I was able to make it not be able to overwrite a local time stamp with one set of steps that involves the undo checkout with the leave option and now having the default set to modification, but I can't make do the same thing in the latest version yet.
Beth Kieler

Marcel

Post by Marcel » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:30 am

Hi Beth,

Yes we have licenses for Fortress 2.x, but we have not installed this version for all users yet because we were very busy with an important project that had a very tight schedule. The project is finished now, at least the first version has been released. We have installed Fortress 2.x on a test-server now. I checked the issue on the 2.0.4 version, but its behaviour is the same as in version 1.1.1.

Steps to do to reproduce the problem:
1) Assign a working folder.
2) Show history of a file. Lets say it has 3 versions.
3) Get version 2.
4) Get version 3.
5) Get version 2 again.

I left the history explorer window open. Between steps 4 and 5 you will see that the date of the file will not change but it should. The issue only occurs when a file is retrieved by Fortress that was retrieved earlier. Should step 6 be to get version 1, the date is correct. But should step 7 be to get version 2 again, the version is retrieved (from cache I presume) and the date is set to that of version 3 (the latest).

I am sorry, but how do I attach a screenshot?

I will describe the options for you:
* The Fortress Options are: attempt automatic merge, save files in backup folder, remove working copy only if unmodified, make all files read-only, set file time modification, revert, do not override. This should be the default Fortress options except for the set file time option.
* The Get-dialog has selected the overwrite-option (cannot be changed), set file time modification, remove working copy only if unmodified, make all files read-only.

Marcel

Post by Marcel » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:55 am

Hi Beth, could you reproduce the problem now?

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:12 am

I tried on another server and appear to be running into some problems with the modification date on local files periodically now. I will log a bug.

Thank you for your report of this issue.

F: 8827
Beth Kieler