Query Results Fortress 2.0.1

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

apepper

Query Results Fortress 2.0.1

Post by apepper » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:37 am

In item tracking i run a query and get the results now according to the help menu I should be able to view a printer friendly version and to do this i need to click printable. There is no option to click printable, i know i had seen this in the past but it is not there. I have to submit these reports like yesterday and have been convinced I am going insane. Can you help me :cry:

lbauer

Re: Query Results Fortress 2.0.1

Post by lbauer » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:50 pm

You're not insane. There was a Printable button in Fortress 1.x, but it's not in Fortress 2.x

Discussion/rationale here:
http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... t=12502&p=

You should be able to copy query results from the Fortress GUI Client. To do this, log in with the Fortress Client and select View->Browse Fortress Items. You'll see all the built-in queries, like Open, Recent, etc. You can also right click on an item tracking project name and select Query to build a query.

Run the query and then click in the query results (which will highlight a row), and use Ctrl-A to select all the items in the query. Right-click again and select Copy.

Now you can easily paste the results into a spreadsheet or text file. This avoids problems with the colors in the web client, etc.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

apepper

Post by apepper » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:49 am

:wink:
Thats a good start, would it not be a good idea to have a button to save it to an exportable file as in excel, html, word or text. From my point of view i have to provide eveidence for cm/audit to our customer who does not have access to Fortress. Therefore exporting a large bug query which could contain 800 lines or so could be a bit of a nightmare copying and pasting into excel. Although i will be trying later, i would like to see an added feature in the query's to be able to do this. Would it be possible and how do i go about suggesting this as an improvement. :idea:

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:10 am

Thanks for the suggestion!

We have feature request 14853 already logged for the ability to export to a .csv or tab-delimited file. I'll add your "vote" and your additional comments. It will be evaluated for an upcoming release of Vault and Fortress.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

apepper

Post by apepper » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:10 am

Excellent great news, :D