Shadow folders not updating automatically

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

apepper

Shadow folders not updating automatically

Post by apepper » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:06 am

I have several databases setup with folders which have been shadowed so that they can view the most up to date graphic's and diagrams held within the varying databases. If i make a change it is not updating the item to the current version. Do i have something set up incorrectly? :mrgreen:
Thanks Ally

lbauer

Re: Shadow folders not updating automatically

Post by lbauer » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:29 am

What version of Fortress are you using?

Did shadow folders ever work properly?

Did they populate once, but not update? Or were there pre-existing files in the shadow folder directories?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

apepper

Post by apepper » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:44 am

Hi Linda,
We are using 2.0.1(18729).

They shadowed the data and populated the folders and i updated an item yesterday and cannot get it to refresh to the shadowed folder on the same server.

I did a test setup on a seperate database and have changed and added a new file to that database and it has worked fine. The problem i have is this data was a delivereable baseline from the customer so I can't even play around with it.

I went to the server and deleted a folder from the shadow folder expecting it to repopulate it with the missing folder and nothing happened to it. i used the admin tool to force database synchronisation, it half worked it added the folders back in but not the files in the folders. :(

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:52 am

I like to see copies of the shadow folder logs in the Fortress server log for the same time period.

The Fortress server log is sgvault.log and is in %windir%\temp\sgvault on the server machine.

The shadow folder log is in the same temp directory, in the SGshadowfolder directory.

Send the logs zipped up to support at sourcegear.com, Attn: Linda. Please include a link to this forum post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager