You have no rigths to view any items on this repository.

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

eggman

You have no rigths to view any items on this repository.

Post by eggman » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:56 am

Hi,
After database crash, we reinstall an IIS and MsSql server then recover database by attaching old MDF and LDF files.
Now I can connect to the server with Fortress Client and access all repositories but one of them giving me the
"You have no rigths to view any items on this repository." Warning.

My VaultClient.log file is;
04.10.2010 15:54:47 <generic>: [GUIClientWorkerThread:4772] After loading from disk on startup, _cmRepository.Repository.Root is null.
konum: VaultClientOperationsLib.TreeCache.Load()
konum: VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.SetActiveRepositoryID(Int32 id, String username, String uniqueRepositoryID, Boolean doRefresh, Boolean updateKnownChangesAll)
konum: VaultClientPresentationLib.GUIClientInstance.ChooseRepository(Boolean forceDialogShow, String inProfile)
konum: VaultClientPresentationLib.GUIClientThread.ProcessCommand(GUIClientThreadCommand command, GUIClientThreadCommandResult& outputResult)
konum: VaultClientPresentationLib.GUIClientThread.Start()
konum: System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
konum: System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Any suggestions?

lbauer

Re: You have no rigths to view any items on this repository.

Post by lbauer » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:02 am

I'd suggest deleting the client-side cache, as it may be out of sync with the database. Close any open clients first.

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... 13&t=11513
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

eggman

Post by eggman » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:33 am

I've clear all of my cache and temporary files from client side, nothing chaged.

In addition i tried connect to this problematic repository from approx. 10 different computer which were working well before the crash.

I believe this issue occurs because of the data corruption of my database. I believe because, when i try to select the corrupt repository from "repository combo box" of "SourceCode Control" tab of web application it's give me an error like this =>
XML ayrıştırma hatası (Parsing Error) : eleman bulunamadı
Konum: http://{SERVER_NAME}/VaultService/VaultWeb/Default.aspx?repid=14&path=$/
Row: 1, Column: 1:

When i inspect the source code of this html page i see that the page is NULL.

Reminder: My server crashed with a harddisk failure. Meantime, can any active transactions (checking-ins, outs) cause this issue?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:35 pm

I've clear all of my cache and temporary files from client side, nothing chaged.
Did you restart the Vault server? This clears the server cache. You can do this with an "iisreset" command from a command prompt on the Vault Server machine.

If you had a hard disk crash on the SQL database machine, then it's quite possible you have data corruption.
The Vault server log should have more information. It's called sgvault.log and is in %windir%\temp\sgvault on the server machine. What errors are logged after you've tried to log in?

Do you have a good backup of your Vault sgmaster and sgvault databases? That would be the quickest path to recovery.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

eggman

Post by eggman » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:29 am

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately my last db backup is little old. As you said, I restart both of my DB and IIS Servers many times and i've done many installations on different server-like computers for test purposes with my DB files. Getting same results everytime. There is part of my sgvault.log file which includes only "corrupted repository access trial error" (I named it).

Code: Select all

----10/5/2010 3:58:13 AM     admin--dsl.provider (IPv4Address)--SSL Disabled    Uncaught Exception: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.
Inner Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 
----10/5/2010 3:58:13 AM     admin--dsl.provider (IPv4Address)--SSL Disabled       at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
   at ASP.vaultweb_default_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
Inner Exeption Stack Trace:    at VaultWebLib.RepositoryHierarchicalData.GetChildren()
   at VaultWebLib.RepositoryTree.private_TreeNodePopulate(TreeNode node)
   at VaultWebLib.RepositoryTree.RepositoryTree_TreeNodePopulate(Object sender, TreeNodeEventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeView.OnTreeNodePopulate(TreeNodeEventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeView.PopulateNode(TreeNode node)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeNode.Populate()
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeNode.set_Expanded(Nullable`1 value)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeView.ExpandToDepth(TreeNodeCollection nodes, Int32 depth)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeView.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) 
----10/5/2010 3:58:13 AM     admin--dsl.provider (IPv4Address)--SSL Disabled    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at VaultWebLib.RepositoryHierarchicalData.GetChildren()
   at VaultWebLib.RepositoryTree.RepositoryTree_TreeNodePopulate(Object sender, TreeNodeEventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeView.ExpandToDepth(TreeNodeCollection nodes, Int32 depth)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)    at VaultWebLib.RepositoryHierarchicalData.GetChildren()

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:06 pm

There may be a configuration problem, depending on how you restored your DB and installed Vault.

But since we suspect there's data corruption, then the next step is to check database integrity by running this SQL Command on your Vault database.

Code: Select all

DBCC CHECKDB ('sgvault')

This command will check the logical and physical integrity of the objects in the database.

Let us know the results so we can make further recommendations. If you don't want to post the results here, Send the report to support at sourcegear.com, Attn: Linda. Please include a link to this forum post.

Note: don't attempt using DBCC CHECKDB to repair the database until we review the results. A repair could remove essential data from the database.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear