Fortress 1.1.4 and VB6

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

RileyC

Fortress 1.1.4 and VB6

Post by RileyC » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:53 am

I installed Fortress on this machine and managed to integrate VB6 so that I could check files in and out directly from VB6. I haven't changed anything on the machine, but now I am having to check files out from Fortress before I can edit them in VB6...I'm not getting the option to check out from VB6 anymore. I've tried logging into Fortress directly from VB6 and it makes no difference. Also, in Fortress the option to make Fortress my default SCC provider won't change. It shows solid green, like it's enabled in some places but not all and if I try to either check it or uncheck it, it goes back to the solid green and won't hold the changes. Can someone point me in the right direction to try to troubleshoot what's going on here? Thanks!

Beth

Re: Fortress 1.1.4 and VB6

Post by Beth » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:24 am

What is your computer operating system that this is installed on?

Find the file vbaddin.ini on your computer. Does it have an entry for vbscc? What is that set to?

Is the source control listed as loaded under the add-in manager?

Enabling Source Control Functions in Visual Basic 6
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

RileyC

Post by RileyC » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:34 am

Installed on Windows XP.

VBSCC is set to 3 in vbaddin.ini.

Source control is listed as loaded under the add-in manager.

Also, I've started a new project and added it to Fortress and it seems to be working properly. However, I haven't had to close and re-open the project yet so I don't know if it will continue to work properly after that.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:25 pm

Take a look in your Windows registry. Can you tell me what you have entered under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SourceCodeControlProvider and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SourceCodeControlProvider\InstalledSCCProviders?
Beth Kieler

RileyC

Post by RileyC » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:38 pm

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SourceCodeControlProvider:
(Default) REG_SZ (value not set)
ProviderRegKey REG_SZ SOFTWARE\SourceGear\Fortress Client
ProviderRegKey_BeforeVault REG_SZ SOFTWARE\SourceGear\Fortress Client

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SourceCodeControlProvider\InstalledSCCProviders:
(Default) REG_SZ (value not set)
SourceGear Vault VS2003 Compatible Client REG_SZ SOFTWARE\SourceGear\Fortress Client

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:13 pm

In the registry, under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SourceCodeControlProvider\InstalledSCCProviders, change the key Vault VS 2003 Compatible Client to read as SourceGear Vault Classic Client. If that doesn't work, then try changing its name to SourceGear Fortress Classic Client.
Beth Kieler

RileyC

Post by RileyC » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:30 pm

Beth wrote:In the registry, under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SourceCodeControlProvider\InstalledSCCProviders, change the key Vault VS 2003 Compatible Client to read as SourceGear Vault Classic Client. If that doesn't work, then try changing its name to SourceGear Fortress Classic Client.
I can do that but something just occurred to me as well. I opened the file MSSCCPRJ.SCC in notepad and it shows the following:

[SCC]
SCC=This is a source code control file
[FPR30.vbp]
SCC_Project_Name=this project is not under source code control
SCC_Aux_Path=<This is an empty string for the mssccprj.scc file>

I looked at the MSSCCPRJ.SCC file for the new project I started where the software control is working properly, duplicated the info as appropriate, and when I put the updated file back in the project folder, it worked! Both projects are now interacting properly with Fortress. I had to move the MSSCCPRJ.SCC folder that wasn't working out of the directory in order to save the new one there, but it worked.

Do I still need to do the registry fixes?

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:10 pm

You don't have to do the registry fix. If you run into anything else, just let me know.
Beth Kieler