Eclipse plugin

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

GrahamLabdon

Eclipse plugin

Post by GrahamLabdon » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:05 am

Hello all
I have jsut downloaded and installed the Eclipse plugin.
Eclipse shows it as being present but I see no menu options or anything todo with Fortress on the Eclipse UI

Have I missed a step

Graham

lbauer

Re: Eclipse plugin

Post by lbauer » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:32 am

Check our Getting Started Guide for tips on Installing the Eclipse plugin. The info is towards the end of the page:

http://www.sourcegear.com/fortress/docu ... index.html

Note: the URL for the Fortress Eclipse plugin update is incorrect on the web page. The correct link is below:
Vault supports an Eclipse plugin for systems with Eclipse version 3.2 and the Sun Java 1.4 runtime. To install this plugin in your Eclipse development environment, Choose Help->Software Updates->Find and Install… from the Eclipse menu.

Choose “Search for new features to install” on the first page and click the Next button. On this screen, choose to add a New Remote Site.

In the dialog that appears, enter the URL http://download.sourcegear.com/Fortress/latest/update

Now you can click the Finish button in the Wizard to continue to the next step. Choose to install the Fortress Eclipse Plugin.

Now you may finish the rest of the install process normally, and you will be able to use Fortress just as you would any other Eclipse Team provider. You can add a project to a Fortress server by choosing Team->Share from the project’s right-click menu. You may import a project from Fortress by choosing Import… from the File menu.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

GrahamLabdon

Post by GrahamLabdon » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:44 am

Thanks - got it working now!!

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:57 am

Thanks for the update. That's good news. : )

Let me know if we can be of assistance in the future.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager