Vault Pro and CCNet plugin

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
BigBrett

Vault Pro and CCNet plugin

Post by BigBrett » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:30 am

I have installed Vault Pro then downloaded and installed the CCNet plugin from the Vault download page (no download link exists on the Vault Pro download page).

Existing source control configurations on a working CCNet were updated to replace "fortressplugin" with "vaultproplugin". I now get an exception when CCNet tries to get source modifications:

Source control failure (GetModifications): Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: vaultHost

The vaultHost parameter is not listed in the documentation for the plugin. What am I supposed to set in order to get CCNet working again?

As a side note, the documentation should warn you that when updating an existing CCNet/Fortress installation to a CCNet/VaultPro installation you need to delete the old ccnet.fortressvault.plugin.dll. Failure to do this causes CCNet to stop with an invalid configuration as both the old plugin and the new plugin define the ReflectorTypeAttribute name "vaultplugin", which is a problem.

Cheers,
Brett

BigBrett

Re: Vault Pro and CCNet plugin

Post by BigBrett » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:14 am

I forgot to mention that I have used REMEMBERLOGIN to store host name, user and password. Using vault commandline calls works successfully without asking for those parameters so the stored login should be okay.

The exception data from CCNet is as follows:
Error Message: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: vaultHost
at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.Sourcecontrol.VaultProClient.Login(String vaultHost, String vaultRepositoryName, String vaultUser, String vaultPassword, Boolean useSSL, String proxyHost, String proxyDomain, Int32 proxyPort, String proxyUser, String proxyPassword, String& url)
at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.Sourcecontrol.VaultProVaultSourceControl.GetModifications(IIntegrationResult from, IIntegrationResult to)
at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.Sourcecontrol.FilteredSourceControl.GetModifications(IIntegrationResult from, IIntegrationResult to)
at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.Sourcecontrol.QuietPeriod.GetModifications(ISourceControl sourceControl, IIntegrationResult lastBuild, IIntegrationResult thisBuild)
at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.IntegrationRunner.GetModifications(IIntegrationResult from, IIntegrationResult to)
at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.IntegrationRunner.Integrate(IntegrationRequest request)

I have got the CCNet builds going again by using the host, user and password entries in the plugin configuration, but I would rather they were not there, for reasons of security.

BigBrett

Post by BigBrett » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:53 am

Now it gets worse.

I had stated previously that I got the builds going again by adding the required information to the CCNet configuration.

Unfortunately all I have done is stopped the exception caused by vaultHost being empty. No builds have been carried out today as the CCNet plugin downloaded from the Vault page is only for the standard server and refuses to login to a Vault Pro server.

That's a day wasted !

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:00 am

So sorry for all the confusion! :oops:

We didn't get the Cruise Control builds updated by the time of the new release.

Fortress's Cruise Control plugin should work just fine with Vault Pro.
http://www.sourcegear.com/fortress/downloads.html

We'll have Vault Pro Cruise control build sometime later today.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

joe_sg

Post by joe_sg » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:13 am

BTW: If you do go back to using the Fortress plugin, you'll need to change "vaultproplugin" back to "fortressplugin" in your ccnet.config. The Fortress plugin will connect to either a Fortress or a VaultPro server.

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:20 am

BigBrett,

The Vault Professional's download page has been updated with the release for Vault Professional. Please see the ReadMe.txt file within the download for changes to control blocks for <vaultpro> and <workitemcomment> as well as updated installation instructions.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

BigBrett

Post by BigBrett » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:50 pm

Thanks for the update. I have downloaded and installed the Vault Pro version and our CCNet installation is back on track.

Regards,
Brett

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:11 am

Thanks for the update. That's good news. : )
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager