(Urgent) Vault Professional 5.1 server install error

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

najeeb

(Urgent) Vault Professional 5.1 server install error

Post by najeeb » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:20 am

Hi,
Recently we have purchased (Fortress)(Vault Professional 5.1 server) and we are trying to install it in one of our server (Windows 2003 SP2) (IIS 6) Sql Server in another Box .It installs perfectly but once after the installation a 'Fortress Login window has come but am not able to login with 'admin" user am getting an error
"Login Failed: The server could not establish a connection to the database. Please check the server's log for detailed information. (FailDBConn)". If i read the sgvault.log i get some log's (----11/11/2010 11:05:00 AM admin--orant.mhd.co.om(150.1.1.254)--SSL Disabled Vault Failed to establish a connection to the database.
----11/11/2010 11:05:00 AM admin--PC.DOMAIN(150.1.1.254)--SSL Disabled System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'DOMAIN\PCNAME$'.
Can you please help me to resolve this issue

lbauer

Re: (Urgent) Vault Professional 5.1 server install error

Post by lbauer » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:54 am

It looks like you are using the System account for the IIS process model. This is not an account that SQL Server can use for login to the database.

We'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling, using the machine account (Network Service) for the IIS Process model. Also, if SQL Server is on a different machine than the Vault Pro Server, use SQL Server authentication in the SQL Server setup portion of the installation.

Another option is to use a Custom (domain) account for the IIS Process Model. Then you can use either Windows or SQL Server authentication.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager