Upgrade Install Problems

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

jayc

Upgrade Install Problems

Post by jayc » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:46 pm

I ran the install to update our Fortress 2.0.1 to 2.0.4. After the install completed, it takes me to the site to log in to add license keys. However, when I enter admin and password, I get:

Login Failed: The Fortress Server could not establis a connection to the database. Please check the server's log for detailed information. (FailDBConn)

Then I go to the log file and find the following information:
----12/11/2010 2:40:58 PM admin--mhqdev001.componeltd.net(10.128.4.124)--SSL Disabled Vault Failed to establish a connection to the database.
----12/11/2010 2:40:58 PM admin--mhqdev001.componeltd.net(10.128.4.124)--SSL Disabled System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'sgvaultuser'.
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
at VaultServiceSQL.VaultSqlConn.OpenConn()
at VaultServiceAPILib.VaultServiceAPISystem.GetOpenSqlConn(VaultSqlConn& conn) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
at VaultServiceSQL.VaultSqlConn.OpenConn()
at VaultServiceAPILib.VaultServiceAPISystem.GetOpenSqlConn(VaultSqlConn& conn)

The Fortress/Vault web site is on one server, and the database is located on another server using Sql authentication. Any ideas on what has gone wrong?

lbauer

Re: Upgrade Install Problems

Post by lbauer » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:44 pm

For some reason the sgvaultuser may not exist or may not have the proper permissions.

Try uninstalling, keeping the databases, then reinstalling.

If that doesn't resolve the problem, we'd like to see the installation log. Send me a copy of the Vault Server installation log. It's called Vault_install.log and is in your user's temp directory on the server machine ( %temp%.)

Send the log to support at sourcegear.com, Attn: Linda. Please include a link to this forum post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

lbauer

Re: Upgrade Install Problems

Post by lbauer » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:10 am

The user was able to resolve this by uninstalling, keeping the databases, dropping the sgvaultuser and reinstalling. The Fortress installer creates a new sgvaultuser account.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager