Get label from Vault

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

achinpuri

Get label from Vault

Post by achinpuri » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:03 pm

I am in a process of migrating our source code from VSS to vault. After migrating half of the source code, I noticed a strange problem with latest version 2.05. When I try to get the files based on the labels, I get following error:

commandline 1:
==========

"D:\Program Files\SourceGear\Vault Client\vault.exe" getlabel -host hostname -user admin -password password -repository repositoryname -setfiletime current -merge overwrite -destpath d:\temp $/Dev/xxx versionNo

Error1:
=====

<vault>

<error>

Server was unable to process request. --> Data is Null. This method or property cannot be called on Null values.

</error>

<exception>

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. --> Data is Null. This method or property cannot be called on Null values.

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at VaultClientNetLib.ClientService.VaultService.GetLabelStructure(Int32 nRepID, String strItemPath, Int64& nLabelID, String& strLabel, String strLabelSubPath, String[]& arLabelPaths, Int64& nRootID, DateTime& dtLastModified, VaultRepositoryDelta& rd, VaultFileDelta& fd)

at VaultClientNetLib.VaultConnection.GetLabelStructureByName(Int32 repID, String labelName, Int64& labelID, String currentPathToLabelItem, String labelSubItemPath, String[]& discoveredSubItemPaths, DateTime& dtLastModified, VaultRepositoryDelta& repositoryDelta, VaultFileDelta& fileDelta, Int64& rootID)

at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.GetLabelStructureByName(String labelName, Int64& labelID, String currentPathToLabelItem, String labelSubItemPath, String[]& discoveredSubItemPaths, DateTime& dtLastModified, VaultRepositoryDelta& repositoryDelta, VaultFileDelta& fileDelta, Int64& rootID)

at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.GetByLabel_GetStructure(String currentPathToLabelItem, String labelName, Int64& labelID, String labelSubItemPath, String[]& discoveredSubItemPaths, VaultClientTreeObject& labelStructure, Int64& rootID)

at VaultCmdLineClient.VaultCmdLineClient.ProcessCommandGetLabel(String reposItem, String label, String labelSubItem)

at VaultCmdLineClient.VaultCmdLineClient.ProcessCommand(Args curArg)

at VaultCmdLineClient.VaultCmdLineClient.Main(String[] args)

</exception>

<result success="no" />

</vault>

================

When I try the following command line, I get the error as below:

Commandline 2:
===========

"D:\Program Files\SourceGear\Vault Client\vault.exe" getlabel -host hostname -user admin -password password -repository repositoryname -setfiletime current -merge overwrite -destpath d:\temp $/Dev/xxx/*.* versionNo

Error2:
=====

<vault>

<error>

The specified item was not found in the repository.

</error>

<exception>

System.Exception: The specified item was not found in the repository.

at VaultCmdLineClient.VaultCmdLineClient.ProcessCommandGetLabel(String reposItem, String label, String labelSubItem)

at VaultCmdLineClient.VaultCmdLineClient.ProcessCommand(Args curArg)

at VaultCmdLineClient.VaultCmdLineClient.Main(String[] args)

</exception>

<result success="no" />

</vault>

Vault Versions:
==========

I have tried with all the versions of vault client from 2.03 to 2.05. Please suggest, what should be the reason behind this?

Thanks
-Achin

dan

Post by dan » Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:07 pm

Can you get the files by the same label from the GUI client (at the same folder)? If so, this would indicate either a CLC problem or a parameter problem.

The second example might be a problem with the *.* - I'm not sure that getlabel accepts wildcards.

achinpuri

Get label from Vault

Post by achinpuri » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:54 pm

Hi Dan,

I am able to get the label through GUI.

We want to get it resolved ASAP as we are holding our source safe vault migration because of this issue.

Please let me know your phone no. or call me at 310-410-9600 ext. 22303.

Thanks
-Achin

dan

Post by dan » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:51 am

It turned out that Achin was expecting a folder label get to retrieve file labels if they had the same label name, which the command line client does not currently support.