Vault shadow service problem

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
aprole

Vault shadow service problem

Post by aprole » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:49 pm

After checking in a file, the changes were not reflected in the shadow folder. So I went into the admin web client to check the shadow folder settings and this error message was displayed - "The server could not reach the Shadow Folder Service.". After waiting 15 minutes or so, I was able to get to the shadow folder settings and tried changing the value for Optimize speed to true and back to false to see if this would fix the problem. I continued checking if the changes were reflected in the shadowed folder, but still they weren't. After returning to the shadow folder service momentarily, the same error was displayed. Clearly there's something wrong with the shadow folder service. Is there any way to fix this?

Also I'm running server version 5.0.4.18845. Are there any shadow fixes in 5.1?

Thanks,
Alex

lbauer

Re: Vault shadow service problem

Post by lbauer » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:04 pm

Is this a new problem or new shadow folder? Was it working fine before?

We'd like to see a copy of the Vault shadow folder web.config file. The default location is C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\VaultService\VaultShadowFolder.

Also, check to see if you have a shadow folder log. It's called Vaultshadowfolderservice.txt and is in %windir%\temp\sgshadowfolder on the server machine.

We'd like to see a copy of the Vault Server log, too. It's called sgvault.log and is in %windir%\temp\sgvault on the server machine.

Send the items to support at sourcegear.com, Attn: Linda. Please include a link to this forum post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager