OnTime integration

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
micke_314

OnTime integration

Post by micke_314 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:21 am

When you discontinued Fortress and launched Vault Professional instead, we bought AxSoft OnTime since there is an integration included in Vault Professional. The plan was to hook check-ins in Vault to tasks/features and defects in OnTime.

I was really disappointed when I discovered that it is only possible to use defects from Vault.

When (if ever) can I expect the integration with OnTime to handle more than just Defects? It is totally useless for us as it is now.

regards

/Micke
Micke

Beth

Re: OnTime integration

Post by Beth » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:25 am

I don't have an exact time line, but what we currently need is for customers to let us know what parts are the most useful for them so that we can focus on those pieces first. Would you be able to give me a list of the top things you would like to see in the integration?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

micke_314

Post by micke_314 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:51 am

I need to be able to hook check-ins against Tasks and Features.

The limited testing I have done so far has not advanced the OnTime item in the work-flow on check-in. That might be because I missed something. The "Mark Item Completed" button is missing and I guess that you need to allow some configuration on what should happen with the OnTime item on check in.

Another thing I noticed was that there was no info from the OnTime item added to the check-in comment.
It would be good if the item name(s) and a link to the On-Time item(s) was added to the check in comment.

This is pretty much the same things that you already did with Fortress.

Since we can't use the integration before this is in place I can not give you any more detailed information about what is missing.
Micke

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:02 pm

I will get your requests logged. Thank you for your feedback.

Vault Pro still has the Fortress capabilities without Axosoft, so if you wanted to continue the way you were working previously with Fortress, you should be able to.

F: 15718, 15930, 15931, 15932
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support