How to view all files associated with a Work Item

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
JohnBot

How to view all files associated with a Work Item

Post by JohnBot » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:10 am

Hi

We are in the final stages of evaluating Vault Professional and have a question regarding the Work Item feature.

If we link checkins to a Work Item (e.g. all sources changed to fix a bug or create an enhancement) how can we see what was changed if we revisit the Work Item at a later date.

Also, on the same subject, is there an easier way to automagically link a Work Item to a set of changes to be checked in apart from entering item:# in the comments?

Many thanks

John

Beth

Re: How to view all files associated with a Work Item

Post by Beth » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:56 am

Each time you check in against a work item, a link back to the files and their versions that were edited is placed in the work item. Also, in Vault, the work item number is added to the comments if you choose the option to allow it to add the comment.

I'm not sure I fully understand the second question. Could you explain further what you envision?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

JohnBot

Post by JohnBot » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:45 am

Thanks for the response Beth.

You can ignore the second question, sorted! However...

I still cannot find a way to (say) open a Work Item and see which files were changed. I have created a sample Work Item, checked in some changes with links. Open the Work Item but cannot find a way to list the affected files. I am sure I am just being a dumb new user but the manual does not help me here.

Best wishes

John

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:11 pm

Go to the web client, open the work item you check in against and look to the comments. Each time you check in against a work item, a comment is added with the files you worked on for that check in. I've attached a screenshot showing just the comments area of a work item.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support