Chk In -Object Reference not set to an instance of an object

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
netconsult

Chk In -Object Reference not set to an instance of an object

Post by netconsult » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:21 pm

First some background, my computer crashed unexpectedly, and I could not open project in Visual Studio.
Based on searching forums, I was able to get up and running by deleting _sgvault folder (%APPDATA%\SourceGear\Vault_1\Client) for the repository (guid) in question. After getting latest to resolve the unknown state (I thought) I was back in business.

However, whenever I try and check in a file (either from Visual Studio 2010 or from 5.1.1 (19216) Pro Client) I get an "Object Reference not set to an instance of an object" message dialog.

This is easy to reproduce with any file, I can check out file using Vault Client, and get the error immediately if I try and Check In. All other actions (Undo Check Out, Show History, ..) appear to work fine.

Any ideas how I can get back to a working state. Do I have to delete any of the CacheMember_* files?

Thanks,

lbauer

Re: Chk In -Object Reference not set to an instance of an ob

Post by lbauer » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:03 pm

I'd suggest deleting the entire client-side cache, as it may be out of sync with the database. Close Visual Studio and any open Vault clients first.

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... 13&t=11513

Let me know if this does not resolve the problem.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

netconsult

Post by netconsult » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:38 pm

Thanks for your quick response and detailed response. I am able to check in my files now (after resolving Merge status).

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:58 am

Thanks for the update. That's good news. : )
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager