The file '/VaultService/VaultService.asmx' does not exist.

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
NeeraBPDirect

The file '/VaultService/VaultService.asmx' does not exist.

Post by NeeraBPDirect » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:58 am

Hi
I am using Vault Standard and Error logging Component on my web server Elmah.
I keep getting this error, and I loose client connection sometime when trying to access vault client, Is it something I have set up wrong?

System.Web.HttpException: The file '/VaultService/VaultService.asmx' does not exist.
Generated: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 08:11:27 GMT

System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): The file '/VaultService/VaultService.asmx' does not exist.
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResult(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
at System.Web.UI.WebServiceParser.GetCompiledType(String inputFile, HttpContext context)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandlerFactory.GetCompiledType(String url, HttpContext context)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String verb, String url, String filePath)
at System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, String url, String pathTranslated)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.MaterializeHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Thanks
Neera Tiwari

Beth

Re: The file '/VaultService/VaultService.asmx' does not exis

Post by Beth » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:54 am

Is it a case of where sometimes your client works, or does it always lose the connection to the server?

Are you able to login to the client?

Are you able to check out files?

Was the client working before?

Which version number of Vault are you using?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

NeeraBPDirect

Post by NeeraBPDirect » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:48 am

Yes somtime my client works, and sometime it throws this error.
As admin I can login to client but other users can't, and sometimes admin can't login from other machine as well.
when its not connected we can't checkout the files.

I am using Vault standard 5.1.1

Thanks

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:49 am

I think this could be handled better offline so that I can get the full logs and take a closer look at your setup. Could you send an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread? Also, please send your entire Vault Server Log as an attached file.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support