VS 2008 integration

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
geggold

VS 2008 integration

Post by geggold » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:49 am

I've installed Vault Pro (server) on one of my client's servers. That all works great. I then installed the Vault client on the development workstation. I can run the Vault Pro Client tool just fine. It works and I can connect to the server.

The problem is VS 2008 integration. This particular development workstation WAS connecting to another Vault Server. That server, which was hosted by my client's previous developer, is no longer accessible. I want to point all my VS 2008 projects to the NEW server. When I try, I get this message:

You are attempting to connect to a Fortress Server with a Vault Client. Please download a Fortress Client from http://sourcegear.com/fortress/downloads.html

What's up and how to I fix this?
Greg Eggold

Beth

Re: VS 2008 integration

Post by Beth » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:55 am

Is it possible that you installed Vault Standard instead of Vault Pro?

Was the previous server a Vault Standard machine or Vault Pro or Fortress?

What exact steps are leading up to the error? Are you just opening a project or clicking bind or some other action?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

geggold

Post by geggold » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:51 pm

I don't know what the previous software developer was using, I just know that when I got it Vault Client was installed.

I installed Vault Server (Pro) on my client's SQL 2008 box, then I following the instructions and installed the client tool using the link that is shown when I connect to "localhost/vaultserver" on the SQL box.

I didn't get any install errors but perhaps I need to uninstall and then reinstall the client??

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:33 pm

Open the Vault GUI client, but don't log in. Then go to Help - Technical Support and take a look at exactly what client it says you installed. What version do you see there?
Beth Kieler

geggold

Post by geggold » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:15 pm

I also tried, from within Visual Studio, to see what version that "plug-in" is, but I don't see it.

Greg

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:24 pm

I can't really tell yet what is going on. If I could take a closer look offline, that might help. Could you send an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread?
Beth Kieler

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:55 am

Just posting an update on what we found. In this case Vault Standard and Vault Professional were both on the same machine. Visual Studio defaulted to Vault Standard.
Beth Kieler