my sourcegear vault client stopped working on all machines

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
dcarl661

my sourcegear vault client stopped working on all machines

Post by dcarl661 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:29 am

here is the "great" helpfull message i get when i try to access sgvault client to check in changes.

The Vault server could not be contacted to perform the operation. Your network connection to the server may have been interrupted. Please verify your network settings using the Options dialog under the Tools menu in the Vault GUI Client.The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.

this is CRITICAL, I am ready to suggest getting a new off site source service because of this.

david carlson
senior software engineer
Safe Environment Engineering

Beth

Re: my sourcegear vault client stopped working on all machin

Post by Beth » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:50 am

A loss of a network connection would prevent Vault from performing a checking. For details about why the connection may have been lost, take a look at the Vault Server Log found in %windir%\temp\sgvault\sgvault.log. Can you post the last error message from there?

Can you reach the Vault server through a web client? Open up a browser and try to reach http://<your Vault server/vaultservice/vaultweb. Does a page come up and are you able to log in?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

lbauer

Re: my sourcegear vault client stopped working on all machin

Post by lbauer » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:55 am

We're dealing with this user offline. We were not able to immediately troubleshoot Vault Server issues because the user did not have access to their Vault Server.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager