Solution bind fails in VS 2010

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
rhj4

Solution bind fails in VS 2010

Post by rhj4 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:52 am

Running VS 2010, I have added a new project to an existing solution. I attempt to change source control and I can bind the individual projects OK, but the solution won't bind. It just says, "Invalid". This message is about as helpful as, "You made a mistake". So what mistake did I make? When the solution won't bind, how do I fix this?

What I have done is added a virtual folder project to the solution. When I attempt to unbind the "Invalid" solution, it selects both the solution line and the virtual folder line.

Another piece of data. In the "Add to Vault Folder" browser popup, it lists the name of the repository followed by the name of the solution twice!. Every time I have encountered this problem (looks like a bug to me), and I have seen it for at least five years, I must restart Visual Studio in order to get around it.

lbauer

Re: Solution bind fails in VS 2010

Post by lbauer » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:49 am

Are you using the Enhanced Client integration?

What kind of solution/project is this?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

rhj4

Post by rhj4 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:18 pm

I am using the SourceGear Vault Professional Classic Client in Visual Studio 2010. The project is a Website project (not a Web Application Project).

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:19 am

I haven't been able to reproduce this behavior.

Could you post a screenshot of your Change Source Control bindings dialog?

Also, I'd suggest we schedule a remote assist session where I can take a closer look. Email support at sourcegear.com, Attn: Linda. Please include a link to this forum post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager