Folder has disappeared

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
craigr

Folder has disappeared

Post by craigr » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:57 am

I use the GUI client under Windows XP to directly check files in/out. A project I was working on just two weeks ago has somehow disappeared from my list of folders/projects in Vault. I have refreshed the $ project to try to get it back, but it's gone. However, when I log in through the Web interface as an admin, I can see it's still there and that my user account has RCA permissions. If I log into the Web interface using my user account, I can see the project and all its files. It just isn't showing up in the Vault GUI. How do I restore my access to this project?

Using version 5.1.1 of the client.

Beth

Re: Folder has disappeared

Post by Beth » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:59 am

Take a look in your Vault Pending Change Set window in the Vault GUI client. You should see some non-committed transaction on the folder. The transaction will probably be either a delete or a move. Right-click the transaction and select Undo.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

craigr

Post by craigr » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:14 pm

There are some items in that list, but none are related to the folder in question.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:20 pm

Do you see the folder if you log into the web interface as yourself? If not, then your username might not have access to that folder. That would be changed under Folder Security in the Vault admin web page.
Beth Kieler

craigr

Post by craigr » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:56 am

Beth,

From my original post:
craigr wrote:when I log in through the Web interface as an admin, I can see it's still there and that my user account has RCA permissions. If I log into the Web interface using my user account, I can see the project and all its files. It just isn't showing up in the Vault GUI.
I should add that this morning I am working from my laptop at a coffee shop and from here I can see the project. The problem is unique to my desktop PC at the office. I can see the project from the Web interface and when logged in using the same user account on my laptop. Just can't see it from my PC at the office. So it's not a problem with permissions.

I've also noticed an unnamed folder at the top of my projects list on the problem machine. There are no files in it. I don't see this unnamed folder when I log in through the Web interface, nor do I see it on my laptop.

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:47 am

On the part with logging into the web interface, I wanted you to use your account, not the admin account. The admin account has rights to everything.

What you could try on your desktop PC is renaming the client-side cache. That will force it to build a new one when Vault is opened. Instructions are posted here: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... 13&t=11513. You don't need to perform the iisreset mentioned at the end of that article in this case yet.

Details about what is held inside the cache are posted in this KB article: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=6
Beth Kieler

craigr

Post by craigr » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:50 pm

From my original post:
craigr wrote:However, when I log in through the Web interface as an admin, I can see it's still there and that my user account has RCA permissions. If I log into the Web interface using my user account, I can see the project and all its files. It just isn't showing up in the Vault GUI.
However, this morning I can see the folder. I don't think I've logged off since I started this conversation. It just works now.

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:57 pm

If this happens again at all, send me an email (support at sourcegear.com) with a link to this forum thread. Taking a closer look might help find the root cause. It still sounds like possibly a cache issue.
Beth Kieler