Vault vs SourceAnywhere?

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Crethem

Vault vs SourceAnywhere?

Post by Crethem » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:01 pm

Has anyone come across a good feature-feature comparison of current versions of SourceGear Vault versus DynamSoft SourceAnywhere? We are looking to replace VSS and I'm leaning toward Vault, but would like to have a side-by-side list of features to look at. (Yes, I could parse both company's websites for their info and compile it, but am hoping someone has already done that!)

Thanks!

lbauer

Re: Vault vs SourceAnywhere?

Post by lbauer » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:03 pm

We'd rather spend time writing great software than investigating claims made by our competitors, so we don't have a comparison. :D

If you'd like to see what Vault can do for you, come to one of our online, live demos and get all your questions answered. You can sign up here:
http://www.sourcegear.com/vault/demorequestform.html
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

John O'Neill

Post by John O'Neill » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:04 pm

Hi Crethem,

Thanks for the question. As Linda mentioned, we don't generally post feature-by-feature comparisons against competing products... and honestly, we don't often trust those published comparisons when we see them. We're not selling vacuum cleaners. This is the software industry, and you know as well as we do that our products -- as well as our competitors -- are constantly changing and improving. Many of those published charts are obsolete by the time they're completed, let alone six months later.

Of course, we're frequently asked to compare our products to the best of our ability against other leading technologies such as Subversion, Team Foundation Server, and others. When asked, we provide that information as best we can, and also point you towards blogs and public forums where customers have done their own, objective assessments.

If you'd like to e-mail me at sales@sourcegear.com (or john@sourcegear.com), I'd be happy to learn more about your situation, and help you understand how SourceGear Vault might be right for you.

That said, we're rarely asked to compare our products to DynamSoft SourceAnywhere. In all frankness, it's not one of our leading competitors, and it certainly has a smaller user base than the other products I've mentioned. I honestly don't know much about it.

John O'Neill
SourceGear Sales
john@sourcegear.com

Allan Robinson

Post by Allan Robinson » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:57 am

Crethem wrote:Has anyone come across a good feature-feature comparison of current versions of SourceGear Vault versus DynamSoft SourceAnywhere? We are looking to replace VSS and I'm leaning toward Vault, but would like to have a side-by-side list of features to look at. (Yes, I could parse both company's websites for their
Hi John, I am new to this forum and came accross your post. I am looking for a vss replacement, too. I have several teamates who are using Dynamsoft SourceAnywhere for personal hobbies. I did hear some positive comments internally regarding sourceanywhere.

What I have found is both vault and sourceanywhere are quite similar, especially from the UI design - maybe that's what vss replacement means :)? Althogh SourceAnywhere is currently our main candidate, I do like to collect more info if you objectively did a comparison before. And I would appreciate if you'd like to share it with me.

Thanks.

John O'Neill

Post by John O'Neill » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:15 pm

Hi Allan,

Thanks for posting. I'm glad to hear you're investigating SourceGear Vault.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about Vault, especially as it compares with our competition. You can contact me at john@sourcegear.com. If you can tell me a little more about the size of your team and your development effort, I'm certain I can help you understand how SourceGear Vault might be right for you.

We believe that it's true what you said, that "vault and sourceanywhere are quite similar, especially from the UI design." SourceGear Vault shipped first and was very successful in the marketplace, and we've been followed by several imitators. They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and that's likely the case here. :)

Warm regards,

John O'Neill
SourceGear Sales
john@sourcegear.com

Allan Robinson

Post by Allan Robinson » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:57 pm

Thank you, John. We purchased SourceAnywhere last week (my manager's decision). But I also like your product, and will use it at home.

Thanks!