How to move database to new environment?

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
tdtpmem

How to move database to new environment?

Post by tdtpmem » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:13 am

I'm participating in a disaster recovery test for my company and can't get Vault to install on a new server set (web and db) but work with restored databases. I've tried the steps inspired from this document: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=924 but I keep getting the stupid "Could not load connect string. There is probably an error with the encrypted password for the sgvaultuser database user" message in the server log. Here's the SQL I used to restore the datbases from backups and remove/replace the sql user information (windows authentication):

Code: Select all

use master
RESTORE DATABASE [sgmaster] FROM  DISK = N'G:\SQLBackups\sgmaster\sgmaster.bak' WITH  FILE = 1,  MOVE N'sgmaster_log' TO N'F:\SQLLogs\sgmaster.ldf',  NOUNLOAD,  REPLACE,  STATS = 10
RESTORE DATABASE [sgvault] FROM  DISK = N'G:\SQLBackups\sgvault\sgvault.bak' WITH  FILE = 1,  MOVE N'sgvault_log' TO N'F:\SQLLogs\sgvault.ldf',  NOUNLOAD,  REPLACE,  STATS = 10

use sgmaster
DROP SCHEMA [corp\svc_vault]
drop user [corp\svc_vault]
use sgvault
DROP SCHEMA [corp\svc_vault]
drop user [corp\svc_vault]
use master
DROP LOGIN [corp\svc_vault]
GO
One other mention: we run Vault on a website that isn't wwwroot (it's actually in a different directory and uses a unique host header) and I'm used to having to tweak the IIS settings because the installer seems to prefer wwwroot and will set the virtual directory apps to that folder no matter how you install. I don't think this is related, but in the interest of full disclosure it's included.

Thanks in advance!

Beth

Re: How to move database to new environment?

Post by Beth » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:18 pm

This issue is currently being handled offline.

HS: 224458
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support