Local Version resetting to 1

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
dstevens

Local Version resetting to 1

Post by dstevens » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:40 am

Using Vault Pro and a modify/check in approach. The problem I have is that Vault will often show modified files as needing a merge, when they have not changed in the repository. The file will usually show as 'Local Version' = 1, when it is not version 1. Sometimes a large number of files will show as changed or needing merge, when they have not, and logging out of Vault, or switching repositories will fit it.

It all seems related to the file cache, but I can't narrow down what might cause the issue. Other related issues: 'Get Latest Version' will also sometime get stuck in an infinite loop getting a file, which is resolved by deleting the local file cache. I also find that if you deleted a file from the repository and then tried to get the source from a label preceding the deletion the get would fail. The solution was to add the deleted file back, perform the get, then delete the file again.

Beth

Re: Local Version resetting to 1

Post by Beth » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:16 pm

Can you send me your Vault Server Log from %windir%\temp\sgvault\sgvault.log? You can send it in an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

dstevens

Post by dstevens » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:28 pm

The log was full of this error message:
Exception in plugin thread : The request failed with HTTP status 403: Forbidden.
I've emailed it.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:10 pm

Currently discussing offline.

HS: 224487
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support