"Object reference not set" error on Check-In

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
willlin87

"Object reference not set" error on Check-In

Post by willlin87 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:02 pm

I tried to check in my files and received an "Object reference not set" error. This has not happened prior to today, and I have been using the product for several months. I checked the log file at %Temp%/VaultGUIClient.txt and the entry with the error in question is pasted below. I am not sure how to diagnose or reproduce this error.
1/3/2012 1:48:27 PM <generic>: [GUIClientWorkerThread:4256] [System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at VaultClientOperationsLib.CacheMember_CommitDialogBugInfo.Set(String bugList, Boolean markCompleted, Boolean addComment)
at VaultClientPresentationLib.GUIClientInstance.Commit_Real(FormCheckInCommitDlgType dlgType, ChangeSetViewItem[] selection, List`1& workItems)
at VaultClientPresentationLib.GUIClientInstance.CommitChangeSetViewWithWorkItems(FormCheckInCommitDlgType dlgType, GUIClientThreadCommand_CommitWithWorkItems& cmdParam)
at VaultClientPresentationLib.GUIClientThread.ProcessCommand(GUIClientThreadCommand command, GUIClientThreadCommandResult& outputResult)] Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at VaultClientOperationsLib.CacheMember_CommitDialogBugInfo.Set(String bugList, Boolean markCompleted, Boolean addComment)
at VaultClientPresentationLib.GUIClientInstance.Commit_Real(FormCheckInCommitDlgType dlgType, ChangeSetViewItem[] selection, List`1& workItems)
at VaultClientPresentationLib.GUIClientInstance.CommitChangeSetViewWithWorkItems(FormCheckInCommitDlgType dlgType, GUIClientThreadCommand_CommitWithWorkItems& cmdParam)
at VaultClientPresentationLib.GUIClientThread.ProcessCommand(GUIClientThreadCommand command, GUIClientThreadCommandResult& outputResult)

Stack Trace:
at VaultClientPresentationLib.GUIClientInstance.ShowCommandException(Exception e, IWin32Window dialogOwner)
at VaultClientPresentationLib.GUIClientThread.ProcessCommand(GUIClientThreadCommand command, GUIClientThreadCommandResult& outputResult)
at VaultClientPresentationLib.GUIClientThread.Start()
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

lbauer

Re: "Object reference not set" error on Check-In

Post by lbauer » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:24 pm

I'd suggest deleting the client-side cache, as it may be out of sync with the database. Close any open clients first.

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... 13&t=11513
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager