Commit new Folder/Project hangs.

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
myoungbl

Commit new Folder/Project hangs.

Post by myoungbl » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:21 pm

I am unable to commit a project to The Vault. All other projects commit, etc. just fine.

I've tried it from the IDE (VS 2005). I was able to add the project there. It's relatively small. Each file that I need added had the '+' next to it.

But when I 'Check-in' the vault just hangs. I have to use the task manager to exit the IDE.

I tried commiting the adds using the VAult client. Same thing. I have to use the task manager to exit. I did wait over 15 minutes to be sure it was not just taking a long time to complete some operation.

The folders have not been created, but the files remain in the pending list.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Marshall

Beth

Re: Commit new Folder/Project hangs.

Post by Beth » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:04 pm

Can you send me your Vault server log found on the Vault server at %windir%/sgvault/sgvault.log? (Most often that's at C:\Windows\temp\sgvault\sgvault.log.)

Can you also send me your Vault client log found at 4:04 PMemp%\VaultGUIclient.txt? (Might be C:\Documents and Settings\username\local settings\temp or C:\users\username\appdata\local\temp or something similar.)

You can either post those logs here or send an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread and the logs attached. You might need to zip up the log files if they are large.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

myoungbl

Post by myoungbl » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:38 am

Beth,

Here is the text file and the logs I have for this year. Hope this helps.

BTW, I tried it again this morning after removing all references to SSC (The Vault) from the solution and project info files.

Thanks.

Marshall (edited to add 'BTW...')
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:15 pm

I'm not seeing a reason for the failed check in with the logs you sent. Let's take this offline.

Could you send an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread?
Beth Kieler

myoungbl

Post by myoungbl » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:40 pm

Beth,

I managed to determine the problem. Maybe you can explain why it happened.

One of the files in the project was called ApplicationEvents.vb. It was an empty file, size 0k. I had decided to try checking each file in, one at a time, and it hung on that one. Once I determined that it was empty, I removed it from the project and now I am able to check the project in and out..

Thanks for helping.

Marshall.

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:13 pm

Do you have keyword expansion turned on?
Beth Kieler