Checkin Status

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
DaveWilli

Checkin Status

Post by DaveWilli » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:43 pm

Is there a way to not have the status change to "Completed" after checkin? This is really a pain, because if I forget to change the status back to the status it should be, it will fall off of all our reports we created with fortress. In fortress at least there was a checkbox to mark the item as completed, that is no longer there in Vault Pro. Personally I would like to have a dropdown of statuses to move the items too.

Thanks,
David Williamson
Edibar Systems Inc.

lbauer

Re: Checkin Status

Post by lbauer » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:49 pm

I've logged bug 15965 to add the "Completed" checkbox to the new pending Change Set checkin dialog.

The checkbox is still there if you checkin from the project tree or file list. Right-click on the file or folder and select Checkin. You can browse for bugs to associate with the checkin and have the option to mark them completed or not.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:54 am

In fortress at least there was a checkbox to mark the item as completed, that is no longer there in Vault Pro

After consulting with our developers, I found that VaultPro does provide something similar to the checkbox in Fortress.

There's a checkmark button on the Work Item toolbar in the Commit dialog.

By default, the button is depressed, for "Mark Item Completed." Click on the button to turn off "Mark Item Completed." The background will be lighter when the button is "off."

We do already have feature request 10950 logged for the ability to change the status to something else, or maintain the status selection from checkin to checkin. I've added your "vote."

NOTE: If you don't see the entire image, double-click on it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

BigBrett

Post by BigBrett » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:19 am

Please add my vote to have an option to NOT have the "Mark Completed" automatically checked. One moment of forgetfulness and you have to manually re-open the bug item.

Regards,
Brett

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:07 am

Will do. I run into this problem myself from time to time.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear