Diff bug

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

abova

Diff bug

Post by abova » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:11 am

I filtered the history list on a date range and on a specific user. When I did a diff on one of the items I got an error saying that it could not find the preivous item.

When I did the same thing with out filtering I got the diff.

I think the previous item was checked in by the same user but outside the filter date range.

dan

Post by dan » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:44 pm

I've been trying to reproduce this here, but haven't been able to. If you try this on another file, with similiar query parameters, do you get the same results?

Also, which version of Vault are you running?

abova

Post by abova » Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:19 pm

I was running 2.0.3, I am now running 2.0.6.

To repoduce:
I Select a folder near the top of the tree
Select Show History
Select the Dates tab
Click on "Include Past" select a number of days that gets some results
Select an item on the list version 10 for instance
Get msg "The requested version (10) of $(dir)/filename.cs can not be found the in the current repository. If this object has been deleted, you will need to undelete it and then try again."

Not every item in the list did this. The solution file worked fine, for instance.

dan

Post by dan » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:21 pm

I've reproduced this here in 2.0.6. We haven't tracked down why it is happening yet.

It is related to a date based query, and it might have something to do with a branched or renamed folder - not sure yet.

I'll report back when we figure out what is going on. In the meantime, a work around is to not use a query with a date constraint in it. It will be slower of course, but it should allow you to diff files.

abova

Post by abova » Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:07 am

Great, it's not a showstopper, but I said there was a bug and I wanted to deliver the information. We have not done any branching yet.

Sorry it took so long.