Vault 6 request

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
Xavier

Vault 6 request

Post by Xavier » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:47 am

Hello,

as it seems Vault 6 is upcoming I have two requests:
- it would be great that the differences shown through the website (after a notification for check-in) do not take spaces into account. It often produces a lot of (difficult to track) changes when a test is added and a code block indented. Other improvement in this area would be interesting, so this specific case would real help.

- we access fortress with different profiles on laptops and locked IP addresses. We also use different ports to be more secure. The problem (with my last test) is that the server (and port if present) is stored in the .sln/vcxproj it then conflicts all the time from a user to another. Would it be possible to store a profile instead or not to store the port in the sln ?

Best regards

Xavier
Best regards

Xavier

Beth

Re: Vault 6 request

Post by Beth » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:59 pm

I'll enter a feature request on the Diff options in the web client. In the meantime, you can also perform a Diff through the Vault GUI client and change the options to not consider white space important.

On the second request, I'm not sure if Visual Studio will allow that, but I've logged a feature request on having a separate file referenced for bindings or some way to allow multiple server bindings in one project/solution.

F: 16213, 16214
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

Xavier

Post by Xavier » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:53 pm

There is no direct link to the GUI client, where the WEB link automatically display the difference...
I would have every check in to go to the project, search file, show history....
I use this feature several times a day.

It would also be nice to have the check in comment with this link.

As for the vcproj, a separate file might not be mandatory, the preset name instead of the server name could do the trick
Best regards

Xavier

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:54 pm

I'm not sure I understand where you want the check in comment. Right before you click the Diff button in the web client, the check in comments are already shown. Can you explain further?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

Xavier

Post by Xavier » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:04 am

Beth wrote:
I'm not sure I understand where you want the check in comment. Right before you click the Diff button in the web client, the check in comments are already shown. Can you explain further?
Here is a notification
You have requested to be notified of changes to the Vault Professional item $

Lionel modified the item on 23/03/2012 15:41:45. Lionel's comment for the transaction is:

CLEANUP; drivers

The changes made are:

$/Produits/PigeAntenne/sce/PigeEncoder/FilterDeckLink.cpp -- Checked in
https:/.... => Weblink

If I select the weblink, the "CLEANUP: drivers" check in comment is not displayed in the web page"
I've searched with / CLEANUP with firefox and it appears nowhere on the page
Best regards

Xavier