CVS style - Undo Check disabled for files

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
ajj3085

CVS style - Undo Check disabled for files

Post by ajj3085 » Sun May 06, 2012 9:37 am

I've noticed that when using the CVS style, if I modify a file and then later want to revert it back (throw away my changes), the Undo Checkout on the right click context menu is disabled. So I either have to do a Get Latest with overwrite or go to the Pending Change sent where I can "Undo operation" after selecting the files.

lbauer

Re: CVS style - Undo Check disabled for files

Post by lbauer » Mon May 07, 2012 8:42 am

Undo Checkout on the right click context menu is disabled.
That's expected behavior, since CVS mode doesn't use checkouts. A Get Latest or Undo from the Pending Change set is the way to revert back.

Let me know the behavior you'd like to see instead, and I can log a feature request.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

ajj3085

Re: CVS style - Undo Check disabled for files

Post by ajj3085 » Mon May 07, 2012 3:24 pm

lbauer wrote:
Undo Checkout on the right click context menu is disabled.
That's expected behavior, since CVS mode doesn't use checkouts. A Get Latest or Undo from the Pending Change set is the way to revert back.

Let me know the behavior you'd like to see instead, and I can log a feature request.
I think it makes sense to enable this; I'm doing Undo from the pending change set already, and having a dedicated command people know to use to revert would be clearer. It took me a while to figure out I had to do Get Latest or use the pending change set, as I expected some kind of revert.