Remote Version Not Updating

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

dsalter

Remote Version Not Updating

Post by dsalter » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:21 am

I have a Cognos Framework manager package in Vault, checked out to my local C: drive. There are 9 files that I need to check out. I make changes to my package, save it and close. I then go to Vault client and it shows 7 of the items edited, including the main file ending with .cpf.

I choose to check in and keep checked out. All my other files update both the local and remote version, but the cpf file never updates. It is still sitting at version 1 for both remote and local.

Any ideas what might cause this?

lbauer

Re: Remote Version Not Updating

Post by lbauer » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:46 pm

If you Show Differences on the main file when it is in the Edited status, does the diff result show that the .cpf file is different than the repository version?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

dsalter

Post by dsalter » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:54 pm

No difference between the checked out file and what the last on the repository is. The file does show as "edited" in Vault Client.

I wonder if the file is simply having the datestamp touched on it, but no contents changing. Could this trigger an "edited" status, yet have nothing to check in when the time comes?

When I choose to check in/out all items everything else checks in and out, but the cpf file shows no update to the version and checked in (not out again).

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:59 am

I wonder if the file is simply having the datestamp touched on it, but no contents changing. Could this trigger an "edited" status, yet have nothing to check in when the time comes?
Yes, that's possible. The default behavior is for Vault to undo checkout when checking in an unchanged file. This is to save bandwidth when uploading and space in the database when a file hasn't changed.

If you do want to increment the version even though the file hasn't changed, you can choose to check in unchanged files. This setting is in the client under Tools->Options->Check In /Branch ->Check in unchaged Files.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager