Vault 7 client merge - not skipping screens

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
ajj3085

Vault 7 client merge - not skipping screens

Post by ajj3085 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:56 am

I had the chance to use the new merge wizard in the Vault 7 client, and I still have to click through screens just so it can tell me "Nothing here." I thought it was supposed to bypass screens that didn't contain relevant data.

lbauer

Re: Vault 7 client merge - not skipping screens

Post by lbauer » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:09 am

New users might want to see all the steps, so skipping is an option.

The first screen, "Welcome to Merge Branches," has a checkbox for Auto Advance No-Op Steps. Check that and it should skip steps that need no action.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

ajj3085

Post by ajj3085 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:01 pm

lbauer wrote:New users might want to see all the steps, so skipping is an option.

The first screen, "Welcome to Merge Branches," has a checkbox for Auto Advance No-Op Steps. Check that and it should skip steps that need no action.
That screen also has an older option, Skip this screen unless shift is held down. On a newly formatted computer with the Vault Client installed, that appears to have been checked, so I assume it was stored as a preference on the server.

If I hit the Back button on that screen I can see the new option you refer to. Maybe the "Skip unless shift is held" should be cleared whenever an installation adds new options to that screen.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:45 am

Good point. I've logged Bug 17450 and it will be considered for a future release.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager