"My Open" / "My Unresolved" fault with Vault Pro 7

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
sibrowne

"My Open" / "My Unresolved" fault with Vault Pro 7

Post by sibrowne » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:46 am

We have just upgraded to Vault Pro 7.
We are running this on Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, with SQL Server 2005.

From the 'Projects At-A-Glance' page, if I expand a project section and then click on a value under either the 'My Open' or 'My Unresolved' columns, I get the following error:
Server Error in '/VaultPro' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Int32' to type 'System.String'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Int32' to type 'System.String'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Int32' to type 'System.String'.]
Mantis.AtAGlanceGrid.GridView1_RowCommand(Object sender, GridViewCommandEventArgs e) +1087
System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.HandleEvent(EventArgs e, Boolean causesValidation, String validationGroup) +173
System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +52
System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewRow.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +123
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3554

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.17929
This was produced when running IE8 on the server itself, but it happens on client machines in other browsers too.

If I navigate into a project and then click on the "My Open" option from the menu bar at the top of the page, the list of open items displays correctly.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Simon

Beth

Re: "My Open" / "My Unresolved" fault with Vault Pro 7

Post by Beth » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:09 am

Could you send me the Vault Server Log from %windir%/temp/sgvault/sgvault.log? You can send that in an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth). Please include a link to this forum thread.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

saint168

Post by saint168 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:26 pm

We are getting the exact same error after upgrading to Vault 7. I checked %windir%/temp/sgvault/sgvault.log but it did not contain any information on this error. I even changed the logging level from Quiet to Debug but it didn't make any different.

sibrowne wrote:We have just upgraded to Vault Pro 7.
We are running this on Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, with SQL Server 2005.

From the 'Projects At-A-Glance' page, if I expand a project section and then click on a value under either the 'My Open' or 'My Unresolved' columns, I get the following error:
Server Error in '/VaultPro' Application.

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Int32' to type 'System.String'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Int32' to type 'System.String'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Int32' to type 'System.String'.]
Mantis.AtAGlanceGrid.GridView1_RowCommand(Object sender, GridViewCommandEventArgs e) +1087
System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.HandleEvent(EventArgs e, Boolean causesValidation, String validationGroup) +173
System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewRow.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +123
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3554

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.17929
This was produced when running IE8 on the server itself, but it happens on client machines in other browsers too.

If I navigate into a project and then click on the "My Open" option from the menu bar at the top of the page, the list of open items displays correctly.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Simon

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:39 am

Could you send me your VaultPro log from C:\Windows\temp\SGVaultPro\vaultpro.log?

Also, try to bring up the "My Open" again that causes the error. Immediately after that grab the IIS log file from C:\inetpub\wwwroot\logs\logfiles. Please send the IIS log file that should show your attempt to reach the "My Open" area.

You can send those in an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth). Please include a link to this forum thread.
Beth Kieler

saint168

Post by saint168 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:25 am

Email sent.

Beth wrote:Could you send me your VaultPro log from C:\Windows\temp\SGVaultPro\vaultpro.log?

Also, try to bring up the "My Open" again that causes the error. Immediately after that grab the IIS log file from C:\inetpub\wwwroot\logs\logfiles. Please send the IIS log file that should show your attempt to reach the "My Open" area.

You can send those in an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth). Please include a link to this forum thread.

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:58 pm

I have emails from both users and will be working on this offline.

HS: 228953
HS: 228970
Beth Kieler

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:32 am

Just an update. We've discovered this is a bug and have logged it. It will be fixed in Vault 7.0.1.

F: 17462
Beth Kieler