apply label to an older version file

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
zhenyu

apply label to an older version file

Post by zhenyu » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:36 pm

I have a file A with 3 versions: 1, 2, 3 as 3 is the latest version.
I will like to roll back to version 2 and apply a folder label to all the files in that folder including file A (ver2).
I tried to get the version 2 (of file A) to the local folder while i saw that version 3 is as the remote version. Then when i apply the label to the folder, it apply the label to version 3 of file A instead of version 2 that i intend to put at. (and version 2 is the local version)

What can I do to? I don't want to delete version 3 in the server as this is just an example. there would be version 3,4,5....etch.

regards,
zhenyu

lbauer

Re: apply label to an older version file

Post by lbauer » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:09 pm

Getting a version of a file from history just gets a copy to disk, but doesn't change the repository. You need to use the Rollback function for files.

Assume the latest file version is version 3, but you want to rollback to version 2.

To rollback a file, right-click on the file and select Show History. In the list of versions, right-click on version 2 and select Rollback. Now version 2 will become the latest version, version 4, with file contents from version 2. Version 3 is still in history, so no history has been removed.

Once you rollback to the file versions you want, you can apply a label to the folder.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

zhenyu

Post by zhenyu » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:55 am

thank you for the quick reply

zhenyu

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:25 am

Hope it helped!