VAULTCLIENTINTEGRATIONLIB.USAGEEXCEPTION: PLEASE SPECIFY -US

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
joshp8a

VAULTCLIENTINTEGRATIONLIB.USAGEEXCEPTION: PLEASE SPECIFY -US

Post by joshp8a » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:05 pm

Hello guys. A bit ago when working on the old 3.1.9 client I was hitting this issue from time to time but it was/is a matter of just re-running the app pretty much. Today, working with Vault Pro Client (v7.2.1) I hit this issue again twice. Now, re-running the app works but I don't understand why it is returning this error and I would like to avoid hitting this kinds of issues.

This is what vault returned:
VAULTCLIENTINTEGRATIONLIB.USAGEEXCEPTION: PLEASE SPECIFY -USER, -PASSWORD, AND -HOST. AT
VAULTCLIENTINTEGRATIONLIB.SERVEROPERATIONS.LOGIN(ACCESSLEVELTYPE ALTCOMMAND, BOOLEAN BALLOWAUTO, BOOLEAN BSAVESESSION)
AT VAULTCMDLINECLIENT.VAULTCMDLINECLIENT.PROCESSCOMMAND(ARGS CURARG) AT VAULTCMDLINECLIENT.VAULTCMDLINECLIENT.MAIN(STRING[] ARGS)

From the vault log in sgvault folder I don't really see any entries; neither in the sgvaultpro. I am using in my code the rememberlogin to avoid specifying the user, pass, host on each operation and also setworkingfolder since the start. These 2 something like below:

REMEMBERLOGIN -host {0} -user {1} -password {2} -repository {3}
SETWORKINGFOLDER -forcesubfolderstoinherit " $/vault_path local_path"

Then for getting a file I use
GETVERSION version "$/file_path"

I there a way to determine what is causing this to blow up? Let's say I have 10 files, today it worked for the first 4 files just fine then suddenly from the 5th it blew up. I re-ran it and it worked fine.

Thanks for your help,
JP

Beth

Re: VAULTCLIENTINTEGRATIONLIB.USAGEEXCEPTION: PLEASE SPECIFY

Post by Beth » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:56 am

What is your OS?

You can set up some logging for your command-line client using this article: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?p=5375.

You might also set your server to debug logging to try and capture the issue. That is performed in the Vault admin web page under logging.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

joshp8a

Post by joshp8a » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:26 am

Beth wrote:What is your OS?

You can set up some logging for your command-line client using this article: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?p=5375.

You might also set your server to debug logging to try and capture the issue. That is performed in the Vault admin web page under logging.
The app runs on a 64 bit Windows 2008 server, using vault pro client v7.2.1 and connect to the server which is also sitting on the same OS.

I'll look into the link and setting up the logging. THanks.

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:52 pm

I haven't seen anything more. Did anything change?
Beth Kieler

joshp8a

Post by joshp8a » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:46 pm

Beth wrote:I haven't seen anything more. Did anything change?
The issue did not occurred again until today. I configured the logging to log ALL events but I cannot see any entries for the error I added as title to the post. I did found an [System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: 1011 : FailInvalidSessionTokenbut nothing with UsageException which is what is it being returned as an error message. I can't really make any sense from the log the vault client is creating.

I did noticed an interesting thing though. Even though info is getting to the text file I specified as a log for vault client I found some entries on the windows event viewer about being unable to write some info to the file log because it is being used by another process. Exception was: The process cannot access the file '[path]\vault_cmd_log.txt' because it is being used by another process. I feel like some important info it is not going into the log but not sure if that is the case but for sure the log was not opened at that moment. This is for the Vault Client Simple Logger

At this point I really do not know what else to look for. Please let me know if sending the logs maybe will help or what else I can do.

Thank you,
JP

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:47 pm

Could you send an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread? Then I can take a closer look at the issue.
Beth Kieler

joshp8a

Post by joshp8a » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:30 am

Beth wrote:Could you send an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread? Then I can take a closer look at the issue.
Will do. Thanks Beth.

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:34 pm

Email received. Thanks.

HS: 235705
Beth Kieler