Feature Requests - My Open (All Projects) and Label in VS

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Nihimon

Feature Requests - My Open (All Projects) and Label in VS

Post by Nihimon » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:07 pm

I've been using Fortress for a few weeks now, and I'm very happy with it. However, there are two features that I think would make it a lot better.

First, a "My Open (All Projects)" query inside the Visual Studio integrated client would be very useful. I can get to this from the web-client, but really there's no need for me to even use the web client 99.99% of the time (and this feature might very well raise that to 100%)

Second, the ability to Label a solution from within Visual Studio and have Fortress apply that Label to the solution and any Projects which are not beneath the solution in the heirarchy.

Thanks for a great product, and I hope these can make their way into your development cycle.

Beth

Re: Feature Requests - My Open (All Projects) and Label in VS

Post by Beth » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:08 pm

Thank you for your feedback. I'll get feature requests logged.

F: 13911, 13160
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

mikecausi

Re: Feature Requests - My Open (All Projects) and Label in V

Post by mikecausi » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:35 am

Any updates on this feature? I'm also looking for the ability to query all projects in the Vault client (i.e. Work Items in the Pending Change Set tab) but I don't seem to be able to, in the latest version. Any advice?

Beth

Re: Feature Requests - My Open (All Projects) and Label in V

Post by Beth » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:22 pm

It's not possible to view My Open across all queries in the same windows in the Vault GUI client. You can open each project and click My Open and another tab will open showing the My Open for that project.

In Vault 9 it's possible to have two windows of the Vault work items showing at once. One tab would be in the upper hemisphere, another pane would be in the lower hemisphere of the project.

I've also added your "vote" to the feature.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support