Update Query bug

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
BigBrett

Update Query bug

Post by BigBrett » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:25 am

Running Vault Pro 9.1.0.30584.

Each month I use Query Projects to determine development statistics. I set up my query for eg Bugs Open between two dates and get a result. I then use Update Query on the results page to change Status to Completed.

Every time I do this the type value says "Select Values" so I reselect what I need, change the status and reissue the query for the next set of results.

I have just found out that I don't have to reset the Type field as it actually retains what was originally set. I also found out that the type refuses to change if I select eg Features as it still gives me the results for the originally selected type.

Beth

Re: Update Query bug

Post by Beth » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:05 am

I don't understand the steps here.

Are you trying to change the statues of the items you selected, or are you just wanting to see completed items instead of open items?

Did you save the query, and then you want to change the query permanently or temporarily?

Do you click the Update button or the Close button on the update query window?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

BigBrett

Post by BigBrett » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:23 pm

1. Open Vault Pro Web to Fortress tab (showing all item tracking projects)
2. Select Query Projects from top of page
3. Set query criteria of Type=Bug and Status=Open, start date, end date and Submit
4. Select Update Query from results page
5. Alter Type to something other than originally selected and Update

The results are exactly the same as the original query, the Type selected is immaterial as the original Type specification is always retained.

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:17 am

Thank you for the steps. Now I see what you mean. I will get this logged for the developers.

F: 18439
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support