Vault hangs after exception received

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Josh

Vault hangs after exception received

Post by Josh » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:09 pm

My install:
- client v 2.0.5
- .net framework 1.1 (not SP1)
- client OS Win XP SP2
- server v 2.0.5 (separate box)

A short time ago I received an exception error while trying to use the profile function when logging in. Ever since then the Vault will just hang after only performing a couple operations. So far I haven't determined a pattern. It's occured when performing "Get Latest Version" or when just trying to switch repositories.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Vault. I've also reinstalled the .net framework after the XP SP2 was installed.

Any ideas as to what might be wrong? What other information do you need from me to help you help me?

Thanks,
Josh

Josh

update

Post by Josh » Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:28 am

The Vault itself doesn't "hang" until I go into Task Manager to kill (End Task) the Application. Then I get the Application Hang event in the Event Viewer. Like this:

Hanging application VaultGUIClient.exe, version 2.0.5.2210, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

In the Task Manager, the Vault's status still reads "Running", but it's not doing anything. I try to "Abort Current Operation", but that doesn't have any effect.

I don't use any other .NET or VS software.

Thanks for any assistance,
Josh

sterwill

Post by sterwill » Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:23 pm

The contents of the exception message Vault displays would be most helpful.
Shaw Terwilliger
SourceGear LLC
`echo sterwill5sourcegear6com | tr 56 @.`

Josh

Resolved

Post by Josh » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:17 am

I have not been able to reproduce the exception. However, I was able to resolve my problem.

Since my computer was the only one having issues I knew it was related to my install/my network connections. The problem was due to a cellular wireless card I had recently installed from Siera Wireless Air Card 555. It's used to connect to Verizon cellular data services.

Since I uninstalled the software I haven't had the connection problem again. I don't need the software, so I just uninstalled it, rather than looking for an update or performing any reinstallations.

If I get the exception again I'll post it.