System.ExecutionEngineException

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

pierre

System.ExecutionEngineException

Post by pierre » Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:27 pm

I get a System.ExecutionEngineException error in VaultGUIClient.exe when starting the client. I have been using the Vault for about a week and it has been great tool. I am using it a little unconventionally in that I dowloaded open source fortran code, put the source in the Vault, and am adding files one at a time to compile the project (in VS.NET). This way changes I make can be tracked. It stopped working when I deleted files from the Vault I accidentally added (some binaries).
I could start over with a new repository, but I attached a backup of this repository if you want to debug this repository integrity problem.
-P

sterwill

Post by sterwill » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:44 am

Could you post a screenshot of the error message? I ask because some Vault server errors can be transmitted to the client over the network, and they show up in a special Vault error dialog. If the error is from the server, it would be shown this way. If it appears as a standard Windows popup dialog, and then the client process is ended, it's a client problem.

When this error is on the client, this dialog is usually the result of an installation of the .NET framework that has been corrupted. We've had a few customers who have had this problem. Re-installing the .NET 1.1 framework will often fix the problem. Re-installing Vault may also fix the problem--both are quick and won't cause the loss of any working folder information.
Shaw Terwilliger
SourceGear LLC
`echo sterwill5sourcegear6com | tr 56 @.`