crash on pressing "Support...." button

Support for our DiffMerge utility.

Moderator: SourceGear

bobn

crash on pressing "Support...." button

Post by bobn » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:15 pm

I REALLY am glad you make this product, it's wonderful! It is very much needed when trying to analyse fine differences between files.

I like it so much, I wanted to donate money to it.

So I went to Help -> About diffmerge and got this:
about.diffmerge.png
about.diffmerge.png (29.88 KiB) Viewed 26577 times
On clicking the Support... button (I thought it would lead to a paypal button or such), I received this:
difmerge.failed.assertion.png
difmerge.failed.assertion.png (78.2 KiB) Viewed 26577 times
The useful information seems to be this:

Code: Select all

/build/sgdm400/Linux/x86_64/Release/wxWidgets-3.0.0-rc1/include/wx/strvararg.h(451): assert "(argtype & (wxFormatStringSpecifier<T>::value)) == argtype" failed in wxArgNormalizer(): format specifier doesn't match argument type
With backtrace:

Code: Select all

ASSERT INFO:
/build/sgdm400/Linux/x86_64/Release/wxWidgets-3.0.0-rc1/include/wx/strvararg.h(451): assert "(argtype & (wxFormatStringSpecifier<T>::value)) == argtype" failed in wxArgNormalizer(): format specifier doesn't match argument type

BACKTRACE:
[1] std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char*>(char*, char*, std::allocator<char> const&)
[2] std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char*>(char*, char*, std::allocator<char> const&)
[3] std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char*>(char*, char*, std::allocator<char> const&)
[4] std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char*>(char*, char*, std::allocator<char> const&)
[5] std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char*>(char*, char*, std::allocator<char> const&)
[6] std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char*>(char*, char*, std::allocator<char> const&)
[7] std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char*>(char*, char*, std::allocator<char> const&)
[8] std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char*>(char*, char*, std::allocator<char> const&)
[9] g_signal_emit_valist
[10] g_signal_emit
[11] g_closure_invoke
[12] g_signal_emit_valist
[13] g_signal_emit
[14] g_closure_invoke
[15] g_signal_emit_valist
[16] g_signal_emit
[17] gtk_propagate_event
[18] gtk_main_do_event
[19] g_main_context_dispatch
[20] g_main_loop_run
[21] gtk_main
[22] std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char*>(char*, char*, std::allocator<char> const&)
[23] std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char*>(char*, char*, std::allocator<char> const&)
[24] std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char*>(char*, char*, std::allocator<char> const&)
[25] std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char*>(char*, char*, std::allocator<char> const&)
[26] std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char*>(char*, char*, std::allocator<char> const&)
[27] std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char*>(char*, char*, std::allocator<char> const&)
[28] std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char*>(char*, char*, std::allocator<char> const&)
[29] std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char*>(char*, char*, std::allocator<char> const&)
[30] std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char*>(char*, char*, std::allocator<char> const&)
[31] std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char*>(char*, char*, std::allocator<char> const&)
[32] std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char*>(char*, char*, std::allocator<char> const&)
[33] g_closure_invoke
[34] g_signal_emit_valist
[35] g_signal_emit
[36] gtk_widget_activate
[37] gtk_menu_shell_activate_item
[38] g_closure_invoke
[39] g_signal_emit_valist
[40] g_signal_emit
[41] gtk_propagate_event
[42] gtk_main_do_event
[43] g_main_context_dispatch
[44] g_main_loop_run
[45] gtk_main
[46] std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char*>(char*, char*, std::allocator<char> const&)
[47] __libc_start_main

I also have a core dump, but I'm not sure how to attach.

Tonya

Re: crash on pressing "Support...." button

Post by Tonya » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:20 am

Thank you for reporting the issue and for the kind words! We are currently looking into the problem with the support button using Linux.

If you'd like to move forward with the DiffMerge registration, you can do so using the link below:

https://sourcegear.com/diffmerge/register

The registration fee is $19. We utilize the funds to maintain and support the product.

Thanks again!

Tonya Nunn
SourceGear

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:21 pm

In regards to the error itself. That is strange. I just tested on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, and clicking the "Support..." button brought up a dialog with information regarding the installation and machine.

What OS is used where you see this error?
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

bobn

Post by bobn » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:00 pm

jclausius wrote:In regards to the error itself. That is strange. I just tested on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, and clicking the "Support..." button brought up a dialog with information regarding the installation and machine.

What OS is used where you see this error?
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

bobn

Post by bobn » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:47 pm

Tonya wrote: If you'd like to move forward with the DiffMerge registration, you can do so using the link below:

https://sourcegear.com/diffmerge/register

The registration fee is $19. We utilize the funds to maintain and support the product.

Thanks again!

Tonya Nunn
SourceGear
Been there and did that. Thanks!

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:21 am

Thank you for your support!

Tonya

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:08 am

I'm not sure what is up. If the diff and merge functionality is working correctly, there's not much to worry about.

I don't think this would be it, but is it possibly a bitness issue? For example, if you run a 'diffmerge --help' and 'uname -a' from a terminal does it list the 64-bit versions of diffmerge and of Ubuntu? Or it could be a piece is missing in the version of your distribution. Do you have a 16.04 installation around to test?
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear