finding Custom fields in Work Item Tracking

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
tficken2

finding Custom fields in Work Item Tracking

Post by tficken2 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:17 am

Hello,

Via the admin web client, I set up our Work Item Tracking fields. Now the two Custom fields are labeled "Found In" and "Where". Then the programmer who is importing the data from our old defect tracking DB told me that he needs the ORIGINAL column names as they were before I started tweaking the field setup. Doh!

It appears that when I change labels on the Item fields, they are sorted in alphabetical order. So I have no way of knowing if "Found In" is Custom 1, or Custom 2.

So I figured I'd be clever and delete both custom fields, and then add two new custom fields, being careful to note that I created "Found In" first, so it should be "Custom 1". Our programmer mapped data to "Custom 1", but I don't see that data imported. Was I wrong in thinking that was "Custom 1"? Is it "Custom 3"? Our programmer said that the tables for the DB are a bit interwoven, so he wasn't able to easily take a look at the structure to figure it out. Thoughts?

Thank you!

Tara

Beth

Re: finding Custom fields in Work Item Tracking

Post by Beth » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:57 pm

I have you down as a Vault 10 user, which means you wouldn't have had 2 named custom fields already. Which version of Vault are you looking at?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

tficken2

Post by tficken2 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:27 am

We're running Vault Pro 10.0.1 (30793).

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:40 am

I'm thinking we should take this one offline as well and maybe set up a meeting to look at each item you're working on that. If that's acceptable, just send an email.
Beth Kieler

tficken2

Post by tficken2 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:25 am

I think the last response about Custom fields was that:

" Custom field data is saved in sgdragnet.dbo.itemcustomfieldslinker. Fieldvalueid can be found in sgdragnet.dbo.customfields"

How can we populate Custom fields via an import using the client library? It looks like stuff in FortressItemExpanded and MantisItemExpanded etc. aren't actually importing custom fields. Is it just not possible, or are we looking at the wrong place? Thanks!

Tara

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:26 am

I'm going to keep responding to the email where we were discussing the details. Ticket 249437.
Beth Kieler

tficken2

Post by tficken2 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:07 am

OK, thank you!