Folder not visible

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
dowsa

Folder not visible

Post by dowsa » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:21 am

Working with a new user, we added a folder, which the user and other users can see. It does not show up in client (v 6.1) - for me. I am admin, can see the folder in the admin, shows full rights for me for the folder. Refreshed view, reconnected to server...

Ideas, anyone?

Beth

Re: Folder not visible

Post by Beth » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:47 am

Open up the Vault web client at http://<your Vault server>/vaultservice. Select the repository in the drop-down and browse it to see if the file is there. If you see it there, then your rights are fine.

Try completely closing Vault and any software with which you have it integrated and then reopen. Do you see the file now? Normally this isn't needed, but it is an easy way to force the issue with your cached tree.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

dowsa

Post by dowsa » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:33 pm

worked fine on the server - closed, rebooted, and refreshed locally and still no folder :(

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:52 pm

Even though you have Admin rights, it's still possible for the top level Vault admin to block folders from you. Go to the Vault admin web page, expand the repository on the left, and click on folder security. Browse to the folder and click on it. Then scroll down to where your name is listed to see what rights you have.
Beth Kieler

dowsa

Post by dowsa » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:58 pm

RCA
and using the Vault client on that server showed the folder, shouldn't it show on my local system as well?

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:10 pm

Was your user name used when you logged into on the server?

It sounds like the tree on your cache isn't updating. Go to the Vault - Tools - Options - Cache Location and click the Reset Repository Cache button. Check only the Repository Information check box, and click OK. Vault will reopen and have you log in.
Beth Kieler

dowsa

Post by dowsa » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:14 am

thanks, the reset did not work as well. What finally worked was to change the location of the cache - that rebuilt it from scratch (evidently the cache remains even if you uninstall and re-install) and the folder shows now.
thanks for your help-

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:45 am

Thank you for the update.

The fact that the reset didn't work now makes me think there might have been a Delete action sitting in the Pending Changes. If this happens again to you, check your Pending Changes for delete actions.
Beth Kieler