SSL login has stopped working

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
dstevens

SSL login has stopped working

Post by dstevens » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:26 pm

Existing setup running on Server 2008 / IIS 6.1 which has been fine for a number of years. Vault 8.0.1 30299 (both server and client).

Rebooted the server for an unrelated reason and now the Vault clients cannot connect. Connecting via SSL the Vault clients says "Web Exception: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.". Connecting without SSL I get "Web Exception: The request failed with HTTP status 403: Forbidden.". I believe this message is from IIS having 'require SSL connection checked'. If I uncheck it I get another type of error message (don't have that right now).

Pointing a web browser at the server https://localhost/VaultService/VaultWeb/Login.aspx I get "Server Connection Failed" (using FireFox). I believe that the actual message is related to the browser not being happy with the SSL certificate.

Under IIS I am using a self signed certificate. I've checked and it is in both the personal storage and trusted root certificate storage. Expiry date is 2019 some time.

Any ideas? Odd that it decided to do this out of the blue.

Tonya

Re: SSL login has stopped working

Post by Tonya » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:28 pm

Hello,

Can you please send your Vault Server log to support@sourcegear.com?

We would also like to know the version of SSL you have installed? As well as the .Net Framework.

Thanks,

Tonya Nunn
SourceGear

dstevens

Post by dstevens » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:44 pm

I don't believe that it is Vault.

Using MS Network Monitor I see that IE is making a TCP request with TLS 1.2, and the server is coming back with a TCP packet with the Ack and Reset flags set. I believe this means that the server IIS has not got TLS enabled.

Then looking at the Vault client it makes a TCP request with TLS 1.0, and again the server has a TCP packet with the Reset flag.

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:55 pm

In order to use TLS 1.2, you will need to upgrade to Vault 10 and install a special build.

I will send you all the details in our support email thread.

Tonya