Folder import fails

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

CesarGon

Folder import fails

Post by CesarGon » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:39 am

I am using the Import/Export tool to export and import some folders between repositories on a Vault Server version 10.0.1.793 installation. Export worked fine, but import fails with the following message:
An exception occurred while importing a transaction for(TxID: 3222 on 11/03/2014 14:23 by CesarGon [2]) . The import cannot continue.
I have been unable to find a log file or any help online. Can you assist, please? Thank you.
Regards,
Cesar.

Tonya

Re: Folder import fails

Post by Tonya » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:43 am

My first suggestion is to confirm there have been no obliterates. To confirm, execute Show History on $ in the repository, but in the Actions tab, only select Obliterate. If you get any obliterates, it's very likely Export/Import will not work for you.

Tonya

CesarGon

Post by CesarGon » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:00 am

There have been a few obliterates on the repository, yes. Is this something that makes Import fail?

The obliterates have been on a project that I don't need. Would it work if I tried to export/import some projects with no obliterates, despite the fact that some other project in the repo did have a few obliterates?

Thank you.
Regards,
Cesar.

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:02 am

Yes, obliterates can cause problems with the Vault Folder Export Import. In order to recreate the history, the tree needs to be intact. You could try to exporting again without deleted items and retry the import to see if it helps.

Tonya

CesarGon

Post by CesarGon » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:10 am

Thanks for this. I will as you suggest.
Regards,
Cesar.