Moving projects between repositories

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

ndecker@uss.com

Moving projects between repositories

Post by ndecker@uss.com » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:47 am

The vault import / export on a recent project fails moving between repositories.
The export is fine without errors.
The import fails.
There are no obliterated items that I can see in the history of the source repository. I've tried multiple times, with and without some of the checkboxes.

Does Sourcegear plan on improving this functionality or should we start using only a single repository as the import/export feature is no longer reliable? I have used it extensively on older version of vault (4.x) for years.

My new version (10.0.1) does not seem to be as solid in this regard.

Tonya

Re: Moving projects between repositories

Post by Tonya » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:01 pm

Hello,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with the Folder Export/Import tool. You should not be experiencing greater issues with version 10.x when compared to version 4.x. We actually made some minor improvements in Vault 10.0.2 so I would recommend upgrading to this version.

We'll need to get some more details in order to troubleshoot this issue. Do you receive any errors when the import fails?

As you already know, obliterates can create a lot of issues. To confirm if you've used obliterate, execute Show History on $ in the repository, but in the Actions tab, only select Obliterate.

We also suggest users to export without deleted items and retry the import to see if it helps.

Thanks,

Tonya

ndecker@uss.com

Post by ndecker@uss.com » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:16 am

There are some obliterates on the top folder ($) but none on the particular project this is still in.

Does this mean there is no way to do exports? Why even offer the obliterate feature if it kills all ability to migrate projects in the future? I've waited for years to see the promised "purge history past X date" but still don't see anything about it, so the only way to make the database a bit more manageable is to delete stuff I don't need and obliterate it.

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:53 pm

Hello again,

Unfortunately, obliterates can cause an issue anywhere within the database, it's not folder specific.

I would suggest upgrading to Vault 10.0.2 and retry the export/import. If it still fails, please send us your Vault folder export import log found in %temp% on the machine at which you are running the tool. Email the log to support@souregear.com

I have looked into the feature request you were referring to below. Your vote was added by our support team but this feature has not yet been implemented.

Thanks,

Tonya