Vault Feature Request - Folder Tree Favorites

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
EricS

Vault Feature Request - Folder Tree Favorites

Post by EricS » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:36 am

Hello,

I'd like to request a feature to allow the client program to show a list of favorite folders within a repository. The use case here is I tend to bounce around because my workflow is to store SQL members under a SQL tree and application members under a project level. Note my application and SQL trees are within the same repository.

I also tend to switch projects frequently so maybe a more advanced feature is to add a hierarchy of favorites. For example favorite project 1 may have an application folder A and SQL folder B while project 2 may have application folder C and SQL folder D.

I understand it may make sense to put all members under a single project tree but we try to share SQL members among projects and we did not want to use the alias feature.

Thanks,
Eric.

Tonya

Re: Vault Feature Request - Folder Tree Favorites

Post by Tonya » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:39 pm

Hi Eric,

Thank you for the feedback. I will gladly enter your suggestion as a feature request. However, I do have a couple of questions before I do so.

What are your plans to do with the generated list (so we fully understand your request)?

Is the idea to allow the user to take an action on an item in the list and switch folders within the GUI client?

Do you have checked out or modified items in the "Pending Change Set" that are in those different folders you listed?

We weren't sure if you were aware that if you double-click the items in the Pending Change Set, they will jump to different parts of the repository.

Thanks,

Tonya

EricS

Post by EricS » Wed May 01, 2019 2:35 pm

Hi Tonya,

First of all, sorry I didn't get back to this sooner and thank you for your reply.

I think I would use the favorite list to store folders that I'm working on or view frequently. This list would be in the GUI client, maybe as a third tab (after repository name and vault work items). The user would click on a favorite folder and the content view would show the objects in that folder as you mention.

I do usually have many items in my pending change set from different folders. Actually, a filter would be useful there now that I think about it (sorry, I know that is off topic). I typically sort by folder there now to keep projects items separate.

I am aware of the double-click method. I use that frequently.

Thanks again,
Eric

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Thu May 02, 2019 7:59 am

Hi Eric,

Thank you for getting back to me with the additional details. I have logged this as a feature request, the ticket is 20041 in case you'd like to check on this in the future.

Thanks again,

Tonya

EricS

Post by EricS » Thu May 02, 2019 9:56 am

Sounds good. Thanks Tonya!

- Eric